Are All Filipinas Insanely Jealous?

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Viking said:

I am not sure I can make your SO understand, hahaha, but I made it very clear to my woman that I will not tolerate that kind of behaviour and she also know the consequences would be that I walk away, ALONE. It´s important she understand it´s not just talk and that you will actually do it. Make it clear who is the "boss" but remember to be a good boss :wink:. I don´t know how long you been together, soo my advices can be a little late for you since these things should be made clear from the start. If you are too deep in it, you just hade 2 options, put up with it or move on. The choice is yours :tiphat: 

Kinda hard to police if one is in the shower Ha Ha..... Its not looking at the big picture to be so blunt IMHO.

This is one common trait to most Filipinas and for me not a reason to give an ultimatum. One must give consideration to the overall quality of life and happiness.

Most guys I know would not necessary consider themselves to named THE BOSS rather to lead and have the say especially in regards to financial affairs. Makes sense as its our money which supports.....From ,my experience this does suit the Filipina, at least far more so than a Kiwi woman.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I called the ultimate bluff on my partner.  She had been giving me so much of a hard time over my ex that I invited both of them on holiday to El Nido.  I edged my bets though as I knew my ex was in another relationship and told her to bring him along.  I wanted to prove to my partner that I can't stand jealousy and rather than still being into my ex was very happy that she had moved on and found a new guy.  We never had the best break up I'll add. 

The big day arrived and I met both at the hotel.  My ex said her partner would arrive the next day.  We had a night out and it went better than I expected though I got some grief later in my room. 

Roll on the next day and my ex's partner never showed up lol. It got even better when my partner had a dodgy stomach and I had to spend the day with my ex. 

All in we had 5 days together.  A couple of good days and 3 days of high tension. I was determined to let my partner see the Western opinion of an ex.  I've always stayed friends with my ex partners and wanted her to see I could be just friends. 

A few weeks later I ended up finishing with my partner as she just found another few females to accuse me of being interested in.  I'd warned her I wouldn't put up with it.  Even now she messages me occasionally accusing me of having a new partner that I must have been lining up all along. 

How I never got pushed off of this hill I don't know. 

20190531_061741.jpg

• Like 4

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

Reading these responses I can be thankful that my asawa goes easy on the 'insane' part of jealously.  I would describe her as possessive but in a good way.  The one funny thing she did after we started getting serious in our relationship was to find and delete all traces of my ex GF from the phones and laptops.  She wasn't sneaky about it, just firm about it.    

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Kinda hard to police if one is in the shower Ha Ha..... Its not looking at the big picture to be so blunt IMHO.

This is one common trait to most Filipinas and for me not a reason to give an ultimatum. One must give consideration to the overall quality of life and happiness.

Most guys I know would not necessary consider themselves to named THE BOSS rather to lead and have the say especially in regards to financial affairs. Makes sense as its our money which supports.....From ,my experience this does suit the Filipina, at least far more so than a Kiwi woman.

For me, i just find the Boss term so unnecessary and a little demeaning when talking about a relationship.  Just because one partner is providing more financial input etc etc than another doesn't make them more important.   I know it's a little cliched,  but a relationship is a partnership rather than a hierarchy IMHO.

• Like 3

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

FYI :  The woman here seem to adhere to the 'Highlander' Code, i.e., "There can be Only One/ There can Only be One."  And they are just as committed to it as any male warrior code, it seems. At least when it comes to having a foreigner SO.  (Note: the foregoing does not apply where local variances make exceptions for local men at times.)    :)  emoji

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, RBM said:

You are right in that we must give consideration to the overall quality of life and happiness, it´s just that I would not be happy in a relationship where my partner don´t trust me, and feel the need to "spy" on me all the time. We are all individuals and some can put up with that and some can´t. Do what works for you  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

For me, i just find the Boss term so unnecessary and a little demeaning when talking about a relationship.  Just because one partner is providing more financial input etc etc than another doesn't make them more important.   I know it's a little cliched,  but a relationship is a partnership rather than a hierarchy IMHO.

I understand that some of you react over my using of the word boss, I actually said "boss", trying to explain what I meant :wink:. Maybe it was a bad choice of word, head of the family is probably better. I did not mean to sound like a dictator, because I am definitely not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I've been teaching my GF. All of my passwords including my bank. If I have a stroke or something, I want her to know how to keep the cash flow coming.:sad:

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've been teaching my GF. All of my passwords including my bank. If I have a stroke or something, I want her to know how to keep the cash flow coming.:sad:

Exactly.

My stance is that I have nothing to hide so my wife is free to look at whatever she likes.  That said, I'd be a little peeved if she felt the need to do so.    

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 11/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, Viking said:

This is what most people say, but I don´t agree. I am for sure the "boss" in our relationship and that´s how we both want it to be.

I often find that the women want the men to be in charge, but it´s not popular to say in the western feminized world today. 

Many men AND women actually prefer the old traditional roles, nothing wrong with that as long as we treat each other with the respect and love that we deserve. It´s just that we are good at different things.

You are correct. My wife DOES want me to be the head of household and make all the major decisions.  She will not let me cook, she will not let me help wash dishes, she will not let me wash or iron my clothes.  She believes in traditional roles.  I do support that even though every now and then I would like to cook a meal, but even if I start cooking a meal she will inevitably edge me out of the kitchen and take over.  Despite my wife's insane jealousy, I love her dearly.  Can't think of anyone else who would put up with my peccadilloes, which is why I tolerate her outrageous jealousy.  (So far...)  :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 11/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, Jack D said:

I tend to think that my Filipina wife also craves reassurances whenever she has anxiety over my marriage to her. I always tell her that I'm completely and totally in love with her, and that no other woman could ever take her place. I have no problems with telling her these things since I am just being truthful to her.

I totally understand that and work hard to reassure my wife that there is no other and that I am truly faithful.  Unfortunately, when my wife gets the idea that something nefarious is going on, she gets irrationally irate and begins accusing me with zero evidence.  It's impossible to defend against accusations when there's no evidence of wrongdoing.

• Like 1