Getting around by car

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I don't agree with that at all. Maybe public schools, but the private school that my son goes to uses English daily. His friends are very easy to communicate with. I put a map of the world on one our walls just to show him all of the places I went to when I was in the US Navy. He learned a lot. Maybe they should do that in the public schools also. I mean the map of the world.:tiphat:

Yes, I have the same experience here in Subic with the English at private schools.  We have some local Filipino kids in our kid's schools that don't speak much Tagalog at all because the parents speak English at home. 

Way off topic!!

Edited by OnMyWay

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Our friend has a Toyota with I think half the front screen darkened , and in the day time it does come in handy , but like you say at night I could not see a thing until you was on top of it, but he’s been driving there many years and maybe use to it.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I don't agree with that at all. Maybe public schools, but the private school that my son goes to uses English daily. His friends are very easy to communicate with. I put a map of the world on one our walls just to show him all of the places I went to when I was in the US Navy. He learned a lot. Maybe they should do that in the public schools also. I mean the map of the world.:tiphat:

Of course I was meaning in the public schools (where the overwhelming majority of us peasants are obliged to send our kids).   :smile:

Edited by graham59
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Showing them that  everywhere is not in America is going to confuse the hell out of them.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Showing them that  everywhere is not in America is going to confuse the hell out of them.

I know what you mean. Shouldn't we start somewhere though?:no:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Of course I was meaning in the public schools (where the overwhelming majority of us peasants are obliged send our kids).   :smile:

Private school is not that expensive. 16k down payment and 3k per month. Reduce your beer intake by 20% and you should be just fine.:cheers:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Our friend has a Toyota with I think half the front screen darkened , and in the day time it does come in handy , but like you say at night I could not see a thing until you was on top of it, but he’s been driving there many years and maybe use to it.

Those half screens are illegal now. The traffic enforcers need to know who they are dealing with. But nobody enforces it.:16:

graham59
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Private school is not that expensive. 16k down payment and 3k per month. Reduce your beer intake by 20% and you should be just fine.:cheers:

I spend my money as I wish thanks, based upon my judgement and my budget, and do not seek to tell others how to spend theirs.

I have already experienced sending my two Filipino stepchildren, plus my own UK-born son to both public and private schools in the Philippines, over a number of years, as well as in the UK.  I have also placed a great deal of value on educating them at home as much as possible. 

Perhaps that is why they all have very good British degrees now, and have been very successful in their careers to date. 

It is actually very difficult to compare schools, as (the generally LOW) standards vary so greatly between individual educational establishments here.

• Love it 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

We use the cars gps which is normally good, but for places we dont know we always use my android phones Osmand gps app which is great ! And it works without using cell data etc uses the phones built in gps the maps are updated often.

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

Best app. I think is Google maps. Plus you can download while you have wifi the map of the area and don't need to use data, never had a problem with it, found everywhere I wanted to go, waze I tried, bit hit and miss

• Like 3