I would think here called flip flops here :89:

Slippers, I've heard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yes... that's the word I was seeking... slippers...

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 12/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, OnMyWay said:

When we went to the fancy 18th birthday party last month, I didn't have any long pants that fit and no nice shoes that fit either.  It had been years since I tried either.  Had to buy some long slacks and I was able to squeeze into an old pair of topsiders for shoes.  I always wear shorts and usually only put sneakers on for church.  I have always been a shorts guy, even in mild winter conditions!

images (1).jpeg

Sexy blue shorts! The young girls must be going crazy!:thumbsup:

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Yes either slippers or chinelas.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Gary D said:

chinelas

I have not heard that term before. What language is that? Tagalog? Sorry, Steve... I see that we have drifted way off topic...AGAIN!

Edited by Tommy T.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Could be, JGF... but my partner and her daughter and family always refer to them as "slippers"... Maybe that's a Visayan thing?

Could be... SWMBO and all her family call them "slippers" also (they speak Bisaya... Mindano sub-dialect).

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I have not heard that term before. What language is that? Tagalog? Sorry, Steve... I see that we have drifted way off topic...AGAIN!

I think Spanish.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

'Slippers'  (rather than 'flipflops') also up here in Pangasinan. :thumbsup:

Steve,  your place makes mine look like a shack.

Well ok, actually my place IS a shack. lol  :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is pronounced "slip-pairs".  It's the wife's early warning device because it makes that dragging sound, even walking across marbled floor.  Don't ask me why they do that......and I'm Filipino for christ sake!  I hate that sound. 

As far as wearing slip-pairs on the street, please don't.  You can never walk a straight line because you're always avoiding stepping on dog, cat, rat, bird, goat, monkey, carabao chit and other unknown bio-hazards.  One more thing -- always use a flashlight at night.  Yeah I learned the hard lesson of scraping out dog chit from my hiking sandals (no socks).  

Hey Steve, I'm giving you another two weeks to master the "Joe Squat".  You and your barkadas can "tan-bys" (standby) in any corner, doing the joe squat all day.  And there are many ways to get yourself erected again.  One sure fire way, is hearing that scraping sound as your wife/GF is approaching you from behind with a bolo knife....he, he.   Yeah, es mo pun in da Philippines.  

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3