Why did the snake cross the road?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jake said:

Are pellet rifles legal in PI? 

I believe just about any rifles or firearms are legal in many parts of the PI - especially near Cebu where locals build good quality knock-offs of Colt 45's and others.

I know firearms are illegal in Davao - along with fireworks - but I am curious to know if pellet guns are legal and available here? I have not seen them in any stores, but then haven't looked for any either...

Edited by Tommy T.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I have not seen them in any stores

I have seen them in stores.  My expat friend bought one.  We fecked around shooting it in his back yard while a bunch of locals watched through the fence.  No repercussions.  That does not make it legal but it shows it is possible.  And no, the guy was not married and buying it in his wifes name.  He asked.  They offered to sell it to him.  He bought.  We played

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I would only be interested because of snakes or rats or cats. My aim these days would never be good or fast enough for mice. And if we have a human intruder some day, the trained dog will attack. (at least that's my plan!)

• Like 1

Mick
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I believe just about any rifles or firearms are legal in many parts of the PI - especially near Cebu where locals build good quality knock-offs of Colt 45's and others.

I know firearms are illegal in Davao - along with fireworks - but I am curious to know if pellet guns are legal and available here? I have not seen them in any stores, but then haven't looked for any either...

I bought a Gammo USA off Lazarda... 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

I would only be interested because of snakes or rats or cats. My aim these days would never be good or fast enough for mice. And if we have a human intruder some day, the trained dog will attack. (at least that's my plan!)

My two dogs are great rat catchers, They smell a rat and hunt it down (Pun intended). No rat escapes I even help them if the rat hides behind something the dogs move, same with feral cats.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks, Mick... I will look that up and see if it is possible to ship to Davao.

I mean legally...

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

My two dogs are great rat catchers, They smell a rat and hunt it down (Pun intended). No rat escapes I even help them if the rat hides behind something the dogs move, same with feral cats.

I guess I would just be a bit concerned whether those rats carry rabies, ticks, worms, leptospirosis, even plague?

I hope the German Shepherd I plan to get will be as active and accurate!

I am highly allergic to cats and really don't like them anyway...so a dog must do the trick for us.

Edited by Tommy T.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

I guess I would just be a bit concerned whether those rats carry, rabies, ticks, worms, leptospirosis, even plague?

I hope the German Shepherd I hope to get will be as active and accurate!

I am highly allergic to cats and really don't like them anyway...so a dog must do the trick for us.

All my dogs have anti Rabies shots, It's free.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

All my dogs have anti Rabies shots, It's free.

Sounds good, Jim... What about the rest? L's dog gets monthly worm medicine or else he gets the worms straight away. He also gets a three-monthly tablet for tics. 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Sounds good, Jim... What about the rest? L's dog gets monthly worm medicine or else he gets the worms straight away. He also gets a three-monthly tablet for tics. 

They caught tics last week, went to the vets and she recommend Frontline. Seems to be working and for worms they need an injection I think, Eve has all the dogs records.

• Like 3