What’s for Christmas dinner

jimeve
Posted
Posted

We had a fresh home grown turkey, Killed humanely by yours truly.:turkey_40_anim_gif:

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Balut. BBQ intestines and dugo. And a Big Mac for me.:laugh:

• Haha 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green beans, corn, sauerkraut, and macaroni salad.
Homemade oatmeal cookies and apple pie.  All homemade and will be sharing with about 12 family members in a few hours,…or when they arrive.  Of course they will be be bringing their favorite foods also.:SugarwareZ-047:

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)

Noche Buena was a small ham, a small chicken loaf thing (shaped like the ham),  Filipino spaghetti, fried chicken, pork ribs with commercial BBQ sauce, garlic prawns with their clothes still on, Filipino fruit salad, and rice. Mango float was available as was pasta and chicken salad with cheese. All was washed down with Hardy's Stamp Chardonnay Semillion for me, Sweet Lips pink low-alcohol wine for the ladies and iced tea for the others.

Today is leftovers from last night.

Having coffee with Bailey's in it right now with a 60% chance of store bought German stollen. 

Cheers, everyone!

Edited by JDDavao
  • Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well back home and I have had stomach ache for a good few hours and now I am not well, just try this , just try that is all I got today and I was good I would not try , but something has disagreed with me and now I am suffering, was it the chicken caldereta or the rice or could it have been the BBQ sausage I had, or maybe the 3 helpings of buko pandan  I had, well what ever it was it’s still flowing faster then this rain running down the streets this evening in Marikina,  Ems is suffering too with me being a bad patient .

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Well back home and I have had stomach ache for a good few hours and now I am not well, just try this , just try that is all I got today and I was good I would not try , but something has disagreed with me and now I am suffering, was it the chicken caldereta or the rice or could it have been the BBQ sausage I had, or maybe the 3 helpings of buko pandan  I had, well what ever it was it’s still flowing faster then this rain running down the streets this evening in Marikina,  Ems is suffering too with me being a bad patient .

Don't worry about it too much Steve, just be as careful as you can, it's hard to prevent it particularly as you have only just arrived and are still acclimatizing and will be for some time to come.  If it's any consolation I had the two bob bits yesterday, why?  no idea, just ate the same as the missus, she was suffering for one hour, mine has been for 24 hours, feeling nauseated most of the time.  I accept it's more likely to happen here than back in the UK, you can do your best to guard against it but sooner or later you are gonna get diarrhea here no matter what you do.

Fortunately there is an upside, we are the only two members on here not likely to have put on any weight on Christmas Day, Lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, jimeve said:

We had a fresh home grown turkey, Killed humanely by yours truly.:turkey_40_anim_gif:

Now you have me curious?  My mother in law (previous marriage) once asked me to kill a turkey for them.  I ended up chasing it around a pen with a meat cleaver until I was able to get a good swing on the neck.  Fortunately this was long before Youtube or I probably would have been laughed off the planet.  How do you kill yours?

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Now you have me curious?  My mother in law (previous marriage) once asked me to kill a turkey for them.  I ended up chasing it around a pen with a meat cleaver until I was able to get a good swing on the neck.  Fortunately this was long before Youtube or I probably would have been laughed off the planet.  How do you kill yours?

If I had to choose........ I'd probably be vegetarian

Robert the farmer.jpg

Edited by Kuya John