What’s for Christmas dinner

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Bariles kinilaw, fresh mussels in spicy sauce, bbq pork ribs, pork bbq, chicken liver bbq, bbq fish, pancit Canton, western-style spaghetti, rice, (my) home-made cole slaw, (my) home-made chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cake, ice cream that everyone was too full to eat. All washed down with plenty of San Mig Light, Hardy's VR Shiraz, Tanduay and some Korean peach wine. Buuuurrrpppp!!! Oh...and a Zantac for me... Also later, a couple cases of "running stomach" as they call it in Fiji... But now all is well and I let out a notch on my belt.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

Now you have me curious?  My mother in law (previous marriage) once asked me to kill a turkey for them.  I ended up chasing it around a pen with a meat cleaver until I was able to get a good swing on the neck.  Fortunately this was long before Youtube or I probably would have been laughed off the planet.  How do you kill yours?

Well for a start mine are placid I just walk up to one and grab it, then it's best to hold the turkey's legs so it can't scratch you. Keep it held upside this makes the bird even more placid the blood flows to the head.

Tie the turkey by it's legs upside down. Get a sharp knife, hold the birds head and with the knife slit it's jugular and carotid. let it bleed out. 

Best to give 15 mins. while it's still handing pluck the feathers, this saves you bending over (bad back) lol then proceed to clean.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Still not well, I have now made sure the water I use for everything is brought from the shop and it’s Wilkins brand, still feel not right in the belly area and nipping to the loo more times then I would like too, plus I have not been drinking enough , so it’s drinking lots and hopefully feeling better then I do at the moment.

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Still not well, I have now made sure the water I use for everything is brought from the shop and it’s Wilkins brand, still feel not right in the belly area and nipping to the loo more times then I would like too, plus I have not been drinking enough , so it’s drinking lots and hopefully feeling better then I do at the moment.

If not already, you might consider sending someone to a pharmacy and picking up some electrolytes to add to your water. You are not just losing hydration, but electrolyte balance in your system and blood. Failing getting the dedicated electrolytes, Gatorade or similar will help. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. And maybe you might also consider a trip to a clinic with a poo sample - you could have picked up a bacteria like amoeba or giardia (sp)?. Once known if it is a bug, treatment is quick and effective. This sounds like it has gone on too long...

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

If not already, you might consider sending someone to a pharmacy and picking up some electrolytes to add to your water. You are not just losing hydration, but electrolyte balance in your system and blood. Failing getting the dedicated electrolytes, Gatorade or similar will help. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. And maybe you might also consider a trip to a clinic with a poo sample - you could have picked up a bacteria like amoeba or giardia (sp)?. Once known if it is a bug, treatment is quick and effective. This sounds like it has gone on too long...

Lots of Gatorade , plus I drank a bootle of this water with salt added but tasted more like lime anyway had another one today too. Funny thing is a feel ok other then the worry of not having the loo on hand , but I shall send Ems out to get the things you mentioned thank you.

• Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
Just now, stevewool said:

Lots of Gatorade , plus I drank a bootle of this water with salt added but tasted more like lime anyway had another one today too. Funny thing is a feel ok other then the worry of not having the loo on hand , but I shall send Ems out to get the things you mentioned thank you.

Sounds like it’s becoming chronic and if it doesn’t clear up soon it might be best to see a doctor. 

Can also try the BRAT diet, but for no more then 2 days as it lacks nutritional needs...... Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast.  

Hope you get well soon 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, stevewool said:

If you feel fairly certain you don't have a bug - indicated often by cramps, foul smelling poo and gas - then another step is to try the Immodium. Follow directions (1-2 caps every runny poo up to, I think 8 per day? Check online for exact directions). But this is not recommended if you have a bug since your body is naturally purging whatever nasty is in there. Also avoid really sweet foods, but tend more towards acidic - sweets feed bugs, acids irritate them... But listen to a doctor - I am NOT a doctor - just have a bit of experience with running poos and other tropical ailments over the years... Good luck and let us know how you are getting on?

That's also good advice from Gator. I might add soda crackers (Sky crackers) as they are very dry, easy on the digestion and do supply some added salt...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Before I always went for Imodium , but as Ems says it’s all best to get it out don’t block it in, I must admit the food they prepare for my delicate belly is not to my liking here and they do understand , but they just can’t help themselves once a meal is , it’s let’s eat , STEVE LETS EAT, and yes I eat a couple packs of soda crackers , thanks boys for the advice, I am feeling better already , but I can see the toilet door from where I am sitting.:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

So, Steve... You started this thread as, "What's for Christmas dinner?"

We have digressed to what "was" Christmas dinner...and beyond.

Is it okay to continue on to What's for New Year's Dinner? Or should me or someone else start a new thread? Up to you, buddy!

L already has her list and me too...

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

So, Steve... You started this thread as, "What's for Christmas dinner?"

We have digressed to what "was" Christmas dinner...and beyond.

Is it okay to continue on to What's for New Year's Dinner? Or should me or someone else start a new thread? Up to you, buddy!

L already has her list and me too...

Start a new one like what goes in must come out , or something like that:shock_40_anim_gif: 

• Haha 1