13A annual report

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Had to go back to Dumaguete to pick up my receipt for the Annual report, why can't they just give me a receipt after paying the 310 pesos from last week?

They must like traffic jams and pollution. Hardly any place to park your cars due to improvements LOL 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 1/7/2020 at 5:31 PM, hk blues said:

I did mine yesterday - new office and new regime by the looks of it here in iloilo.  So, obviously it took much longer than usual but this may be because I went on the 1st "real' working day of the Annual Reporting process so fair enough.  

An added complication was my ACR expires early February so had to apply for a new one.  That in itself wasn't particularly hard BUT I had a change of address as well.  Now, i did report this when i moved (admittedly only at the next Annual Report time so already late) but it seems the process to change address was not done so, technically, yesterday was the 1st time I notified them - an expensive situation as it means monthly fines back to the time of moving but hey ho, lesson learned.  Of course, i could have made a big deal of this but when it comes to government officials here, and anywhere actually, it's best to put on either the humble cap or the daft lad cap and plead ignorance and stupidity rather than the alternative.  Not that it helped but at least i got some sympathy!   

So guys, if you're on a 13A and move address, make sure you notify the BI promptly and that they actually act on your notification.   

When I did the address change on my 13a I was 6 weeks at the new address and I also got a fine.As you say just suck it up as confrontation with any government office here will get you nowhere.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
On 1/14/2020 at 11:24 PM, sonjack2847 said:

When I did the address change on my 13a I was 6 weeks at the new address and I also got a fine.As you say just suck it up as confrontation with any government office here will get you nowhere.

I use a family address as my permanent address here.  Where I live at the particular moment, I do not worry about.  I would not recommend misleading a government office... but... do as I say not as I do ha ha

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I use a family address as my permanent address here.  Where I live at the particular moment, I do not worry about.  I would not recommend misleading a government office... but... do as I say not as I do ha ha

At 200php a month fine, that could be expensive if you were ever caught out!  That said, do they ever check - no, but they may change their approach in future as more and more immigration problems occur.  Then again, if they did change their approach you could notify them at that point - how would they know when you changed address?  :89:

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

I went in this time with 3,000 pesos in my pocket.  Utter shock when it was only 310!  

I guess it pays to be on time. 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I went in this time with 3,000 pesos in my pocket.  Utter shock when it was only 310!  

I guess it pays to be on time. 

29th February is the deadline, yes it pays to be on time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I see that seniors 65 years and older are not required to appear in person for the annual report.  Anyone have experience with having someone else do the annual report using a limited power of attorney?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Went to Olongapo BI at 1148.  The chairs were all full so I told my wife I would come back later.  She is a "get things done now" type of person so we decided to wait.  I told the guard that I was doing the annual report.  He took my ACR card behind the glass and gave it to the cashier.  Two minutes later she called me to pay.  Total time less than 5 minutes and they did need any copies that were requested on the website  or my passport.  The other customers were doing visa work, I assume.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 1/7/2020 at 8:06 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Printing is so cheap here, I cannot justify buying a new printer ha ha

I haven't hooked up a printer to my desk top since 2004. Never could figure out how to get it working properly. Just put want I want on a USB stick and take it to the print shop in town. Easy peasy.:smile:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

I haven't hooked up a printer to my desk top since 2004. Never could figure out how to get it working properly. Just put want I want on a USB stick and take it to the print shop in town. Easy peasy.:smile:

I guess we all have our own idea of Easy Peasy.  For me, Easy Peasy is spending 3-4 k pesos on an All-In-One color printer / copier / scanner that has refillable ink tanks, cheap refills and photo quality printing, then never going out to print / copy / scan or fax.  Most are wireless now to and can be shared.

• Like 2