Maids - renumeration

gery0x
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I predicted from the beginning he would burn out, and he eventually he did.  My wife has an extensive flower garden he was supposed to help with (weeding, etc.).  Towards the end when he was getting burned out working too many hours, he would say "you know, I really don't need this job" like a threat to leave, and he eventually did.

That's actually understandable, too much is too much. Hope you didn't go too hard on him in the aftermath.

45 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Finally he agreed to 700p using his grass cutter.  He has a Honda 4 cycle and asked if could use our gas as he was out.  So he fills up, and after mowing a small area, says his mower is broken and can he use ours.  So he does most of the mowing with ours and goes home with a full tank of gas.

ohyou.jpg

:mocking:

Sounds to me like over spoiled by rich people and then trying the "Filipino life hacks" on them! :shades:

49 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Here is Subic Bay Freeport, there seems to be a severe shortage of good (or any!) household help, both maids/nannys and yard men.  So they currently hold the cards when it comes to salary.  If you find a good one, hold on to them as good ones are very hard to replace.

That doesn't sound like a good area for any big negotiations.

As if it wasn't pain in the a** enough to hire maid after maid after maid to find a good one, you also have to overpay them from the beginning just to be ripped off in the end!

Doesn't sound fun :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, gery0x said:

As if it wasn't pain in the a** enough to hire maid after maid after maid to find a good one, you also have to overpay them from the beginning just to be ripped off in the end!

My wife's friend who sent us the yard guy for the one time cut has 3 small girls and usually has 0-3 nannys / maids / cooks employed.  She uses an agency of some kind and has constant turnover.  She had a few steadys when we first met her a few years back, but now they often only last a week or two.  I think the starting pay is not that bad; maybe 4-5 k.  I think her management skills leave something to be desired!

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Coming in on the management skills, my thoughts are along the same lines but recreational time. That my partner has this thing about what the ex maid and all the other employees do on the their time off, that the factories (2 of them) and our house is protected by guards at the main gate and the river at the back of the house, so anyone going out goes through the main gate, the main gate gets locked up at 10 p.m. so anyone not back in stays out, simple enough.

My partner was raising hell about the maid going out at 6 p.m. and not getting back until the morning, my response was that if they are finished for the day, let them go out that it isn't a prison as long as they are on the job at 6 a.m.no problem. Now remembering that the ex maid was 26 years old and is very good eye candy, so of course she is going to hook up with one of the males from the factory, yes lesson learnt there , short, fat and ugly but can cook should be on the list of attributes. My point being if you restrain them, especially girls they will revolt, and me having had 4 sisters I know through experience about that, so does my father.

But here's the tickler, when the accommodation for the workers was being built, I saw the plans and observed how the boys and the girls digs were under the same roof and the only thing seperating them was a wall, so when I remarked that the plan was not a good idea and was asking for trouble no one took any notice of me.

I don't call it the noodle factory anymore, I call it the "Love Factory", and when one of the young men is caught red handed in the chicken coup, I just roll my eyes and think "I told you so".

have a good one today folks, and watch out for them on the roads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I don't call it the noodle factory anymore, I call it the "Love Factory"...

I'd suggest the Canoodle Factory! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 2/9/2020 at 10:37 AM, gery0x said:

So I recently gave her a raise of over 100%

Way to go. If you can afford it, it will make them very happy. And even more dedicated to you and your family. Kudos to you.:smile:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, gery0x said:

That's actually understandable, too much is too much. Hope you didn't go too hard on him in the aftermath.

ohyou.jpg

:mocking:

Sounds to me like over spoiled by rich people and then trying the "Filipino life hacks" on them! :shades:

That doesn't sound like a good area for any big negotiations.

Doesn't sound fun :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Takes awhile to find a good one. Make them happy when you do. You won't regret it.:thumbsup:

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Takes awhile to find a good one. Make them happy when you do. You won't regret it.:thumbsup:

Without making the wife unhappy.:whistling:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Without making the wife unhappy.:whistling:

The happier the maid, the more suspicious the wife!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Here’s a thought, what about saving the money you pay for a maid and do the chores yourself or between you and your partner, that way you will be saving money , nothing will ever be missing or stolen or misplaced and best of all it may keep you fit and healthy too, again it’s just my thought.

• Like 2