Maids - renumeration

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Ah....not sure what worst here, Scots accent Kiwi or Welsh, 3 of them will try out the patience, if alone often just type what I want on fone. Sorry drifting off topic here.

Add the Aussie accent to that list...:whistling:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

360 peso is well paid but starting wages are 200 peso.  

Wow - even for the Philippines that is low

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, boyee said:

However I'm told by Filipinos overpaying can lead to problems.  Seems weird to me.

It sure can lead to problems - such as the income gap between the have's and have not's becoming smaller!  :wink:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, boyee said:

Where I'm from this means she has a big booty.  

10 minutes ago, Gary D said:

And were I comebfrom booty is like treasure or wealth.

Same difference boys... don't you think?:hystery:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

This is the thing that gets me, across the road from us is a settlement and it is called "The urban poor settlement" I kid you not even the commuter buses have the signage of going there. So I asked the owner of the hardware store if anyone from there is looking for some work.

No takers from there either, they are quite happy living in squalor.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

This is the thing that gets me, across the road from us is a settlement and it is called "The urban poor settlement" I kid you not even the commuter buses have the signage of going there. So I asked the owner of the hardware store if anyone from there is looking for some work.

No takers from there either, they are quite happy living in squalor.

Sadly that is a major culture issue I have seen in a few different locations.  If there is something they must have they will calculate how long they need to work to afford it then not turn up for work the next day.  Not even a phone call the night before.  They leave you hanging.  Once they get hungry they will brazenly ask for more work. 

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

And were I comebfrom booty is like treasure or wealth.

Stolen Treasure.

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Sadly that is a major culture issue I have seen in a few different locations.  If there is something they must have they will calculate how long they need to work to afford it then not turn up for work the next day.  Not even a phone call the night before.  They leave you hanging.  Once they get hungry they will brazenly ask for more work. 

I guess that's a direct result of the "pay per day" system often found here - no commitment from either side to be fair

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Once they get hungry they will brazenly ask for more work. 

My experience......more money come first...advance advance advance.....

Puzzles me why this is always more prevalent from the poor, especially when not returning to work. 

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Yes, we get that many times here as well, and when the sum gets to 10k or more they go at midnight never to be seen again.

One of the gatemen did a runner after owing 15k, he had a high maintenance wife, but here's the thing he did a runner and then called after a couple of months wanting his job back. Even the maid that did the runner owed us as well.

They never cease to amaze me. When you think that you have experienced it all they throw another curve ball at you.

Don't get me wrong we have some really good employees here, one of the girls who knows the recipe for the product was offered a cash incentive to disclose the recipe and was even offered a job with the competitor but she declined. I value you her and she gets looked after very well, I even bought her some chocolates back from Australia on my last visit, but had to get someone else to give them to her, so the jealous boyfriend didn't shoot me.

• Like 1