U-turns legal or not

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scott h said:

Good luck, I have been looking for them for 8 years, even went to the LTO asking for a kopy (was met by blank stares)

L was given a copy of driving rules and regs when she applied for and received her learning permit. It was similar to the Rules of the Road I had so many years ago in high school, but thinner and less descriptive of rules and procedures. So they do exist.... But are they available where you are or, "Sorry....out of stock?"

Or maybe it was your accent? Sometimes I think I speak clearly and slowly, even to L and she looks blankly at me until I repeat my comment and then she repeats it back to me in her accent and then I understand why she did not understand me first time - pronunciations can be very different than what we are accustomed to...

I just re-read your post, Scott... maybe you had a problem because you requested a "kopy" instead of a "copy?" Could make all the difference in the world here...:89: 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

L was given a copy of driving rules and regs when she applied for and received her learning permit. It was similar to the Rules of the Road I had so many years ago in high school, but thinner and less descriptive of rules and procedures. So they do exist.... But are they available where you are or, "Sorry....out of stock?"

Or maybe it was your accent? Sometimes I think I speak clearly and slowly, even to L and she looks blankly at me until I repeat my comment and then she repeats it back to me in her accent and then I understand why she did not understand me first time - pronunciations can be very different than what we are accustomed to... 

I nominate Tommy to scan those pages and post them for us!!

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I second that - anything to keep him off the Corona Virus thread!  

• Haha 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I second that - anything to keep him off the Corona Virus thread!  

Ah... HK... you are getting cruel now! First you accuse me of being a journalist at some time? Next thing you will accuse me of being a lawyer or politician!!!

But I appreciate your criticisms as you attempt to keep me on the straight (I am NOT gay!) and narrow.:tiphat:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

It'll cost you a lot more than 100 pesos, Marvin!

Edited by Tommy T.

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scott h said:

Good luck, I have been looking for them for 8 years, even went to the LTO asking for a kopy (was met by blank stares)

All I can find is individual Republic acts about individual rules. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Here guys.  This is the best I could find but does not cover much for "rules of the road"

https://lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra1964/ra_4136_1964.html

PS:  Chapter IV

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Here guys.  This is the best I could find but does not cover much for "rules of the road"

I only glanced at that for a bit, Intrepid, but some of that looks similar to what I saw in the booklet that L has.

Actually, I would be happy to scan and copy that here, but she has it with her now...

• Like 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I only glanced at that for a bit, Intrepid, but some of that looks similar to what I saw in the booklet that L has.

Actually, I would be happy to scan and copy that here, but she has it with her now...

I glanced through it, but no mention of stop lights or U turns that I could see.  

Looks like you're up, Tommy... 

:wosautos121:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Ah... HK... you are getting cruel now! First you accuse me of being a journalist at some time? Next thing you will accuse me of being a lawyer or politician!!!

But I appreciate your criticisms as you attempt to keep me on the straight (I am NOT gay!) and narrow.:tiphat:

Methinks he protesteth too much! 

Seriously though, I would never accuse anyone of being a lawyer, never mind a politician! :smile:

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Looks like you're up, Tommy... 

When I see l  L later, I will swipe that booklet from her and see what I can discover. I only glanced at it before also and that was over a month ago. I am lucky to remember what I had for dinner last night...not what I read in Philippine driving regs....:smile: