U-turns legal or not

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Seriously though, I would never accuse anyone of being a lawyer, never mind a politician! :smile:

But a journalist, HK??? That is a bit insulting... Please be nice...:smile:

I have been on the wrong side of journalists a few times before (remember I said I worked in government?). I will just say that I am not particularly fond of most modern, so-called "journalism." I refer to a lot of it as "sensationalism." But some of it sometimes actually reports facts...  It can be difficult to pick out facts - as we are all discussing here.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

But a journalist, HK??? That is a bit insulting... Please be nice...:smile:

I have been on the wrong side of journalists a few times before (remember I said I worked in government?). I will just say that I am not particularly fond of most modern, so-called "journalism." I refer to a lot of it as "sensationalism." But some of it sometimes actually reports facts...  It can be difficult to pick out facts - as we are all discussing here.

Politicians and lawyers are the butt of many jokes but journalists less so hence my comment.  It was a joke, Tom.  :smile:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, hk blues said:

Politicians and lawyers are the butt of many jokes but journalists less so hence my comment.  It was a joke, Tom.  :smile:

I know that, HK.. thanks.:laugh:

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Oof, I could write a book about what is 'wrong' with the design of roads, turnouts, and intersections here.  Phil's seems to have copied the "U-turn" gap in the center divider from China.  Craziest impediment to traffic flow I've ever seen, and used EVERYWHERE there are major streets. 

This morning we had another spat in the car about Right turns on red.  Since no-one else will do it, Mrs Boggs is sure that it must be illegal.  I told her I'm going to get a copy of the traffic rules to prove her wrong.  

Right turn on red is legal unless posted otherwise, but you do have to STOP FIRST even if this is the Philippines. :tongue:

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Right turn on red is legal unless posted otherwise, but you do have to STOP FIRST even if this is the Philippines. :tongue:

Are you sure the law reads you HAVE to stop first, or that you SHOULD? Because this is the Philippines?:89:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Are you sure the law reads you HAVE to stop first, or that you SHOULD? Because this is the Philippines?:89:

The problem is not the lack of rules but rather that rules are ignored and/or not enforced. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Mike J said:

The problem is not the lack of rules but rather that rules are ignored and/or not enforced. 

Totally agreed!

Gary D
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Totally agreed!

Well they are enforced when someone sees an advantage.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Well they are enforced when someone sees an advantage.

Yeah... like a (rich) foreigner? Happened to me already... But only a short left turn signal that, when starting the turn was green, but red within about 3 seconds while I was still turning...

BC57
Posted
Posted
On 3/12/2020 at 12:47 PM, hk blues said:

Everything is legal unless you get caught.  You got caught therefore it is not legal.  I think that just about summarised how things work here visa ve road rules (and most other things).  :smile:

Perfectly stated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1