Panic Buying-UK

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Well it doesn't take much for people to over purchase Groceries....Christmas, Easter, any festive weekend.

But this Corona-virus has caused all kinds of situations ( almost like being on a wartime footing )

Panic has set in at the thought of a total shutdown, fuelled by so called Government Experts.

Either we are not getting the full facts or fear mongering has caused bulk buying these last few days.

My friend rung me last night to check I was ok, (  I have chosen't not to go to gatherings, that's Government advice )

and he said a evening shopping trip proved to be a waste of time, as the local Supermarket shelves were practically empty!

The latest news being this virus and it's knock on effects could last months not weeks!

Being an ex- boy scout "I will do my best" not to join the panic.............:morning1:morning all

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Being an ex- boy scout "I will do my best" not to join the panic.............:morning1:morning all

I am still a boy scout... Always carrying my Swiss army knife... Amazing how handy that can be.... And I am careful when washing my hands, and am careful with thought, word and deed....(mostly).

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Crazy times with crazy people, but with so much news and so called celebrity people saying the government has got it all wrong ,well there followers will then go and buy more and more.

I am glad we are both on a diet so the food should last us a little longer in our household.

Take care everyone and be safe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

We have about one month of frozen and canned goods and “enough” 45 ACP & 9mm.  😱

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Now here's a thought.......Have all these people loading up their trolley's with goods, panic buying, thought about how many people have used those trolleys holding the same handles again and again?

We are being told how to clean our homes and sanitise work surfaces and door handles etc, yet I have not experienced seeing any attempts of large Supermarket's to keep customers germ free.

I have seen videos news of shopping malls being sprayed but never witnessed it in my local area, also never seen trolly handles being sanitised by staff at the point of entry.

I keep a hand gel in my car which certainly gets more use lately. just a thought stay safe.:tiphat:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Most local supermarkets entrances here have a pedestal with Clorox type wipes. John you are correct cart handles are perfect cross contamination sources.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Now here's a thought.......Have all these people loading up their trolley's with goods, panic buying, thought about how many people have used those trolleys holding the same handles again and again?

We are being told how to clean our homes and sanitise work surfaces and door handles etc, yet I have not experienced seeing any attempts of large Supermarket's to keep customers germ free.

I have seen videos news of shopping malls being sprayed but never witnessed it in my local area, also never seen trolly handles being sanitised by staff at the point of entry.

I keep a hand gel in my car which certainly gets more use lately. just a thought stay safe.:tiphat:

Our local S&R here in CDO are sanitizing trolley handles before they handed it to you. I was impressed.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Maybe its time to revive Victorian and Edwardian era GLOVE USE.

When I was a child in the 1950's many women wore gloves to church. Although for fashion.....ARE YOU BEING SERVED?  Where is the glove department please?   I need virus protection.  What..... Go to the grocer? What are these ugly, slippery things ?  :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I say, Jeeves !  Where do you put my riding and fencing gloves. Locate my gauntlets while you're at it.  There are some pesky knaves about that I need to slap across the face with them to curtail their insolent and insulting behaviours. If these low-browed peasants fail to curb their wagging tongues perchance I shall cut them off and rid them of them.

All these rabble rousers need to put in their place in the social order and follow the edicts of their betters forthwith or reap their just due.  

Now leave me as I retire to the sanctuary and blessed solitude of my library.  But first....:xmas_girl: call my mistress and bring me my port for I am fatigued and am need of revival.

• Haha 3
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I want to triple laugh at your post!

16 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

All these rabble rousers need to put in their place in the social order and follow the edicts of their betters forthwith or reap their just due.