No new visas, others are canceled

Freebie
Posted
Posted

These government guys tend to get all hyped up so they issue  or tweet a guideline. Then they go home and upon entering the office next day their secretaries say

" Sir we've had calls from those foreign nationals here on student visa, on SRRV visa , on (9A, 13G missionary visas, Balikbayan visas.. are they all included or excluded"...

He replies "No obviously they are excluded "..

" But Sir you said No exceptions??"

Later that day clarification is issued that refers to the exceptions to the no exceptions.

Thats how I would see this panning out.

If not, and Im to be deported please can you deposit my SRRV 20K in my bank before deportation... Oh wait, you closed most the banks !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

gery0x
Posted
Posted

In this link here (from March-20 2020)

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net

it says:

In another move by the government to control the spread of the new coronavirus in the Philippines, Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. announced on Twitter that all foreigners—with “no exceptions”—would be barred from entering the country on Thursday, the same day the ban was to take effect.

(...)

“Moreover, all previously issued Philippine visas to foreign nationals are deemed canceled. Visas already issued to foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals remain valid,” it continued.

That means to me clearly that no foreigners except those married to a Filipino/Filipina are allowed to enter the country for now.

Those who are already here (no matter which visa) are not affected by this - just imagine the logistic effort to find and deport all foreigners that are currently in the country, that'd be an impossible task! :ohmy:

Freebie
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, gery0x said:

In this link here (from March-20 2020)

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net

it says:

That means to me clearly that no foreigners except those married to a Filipino/Filipina are allowed to enter the country for now.

Those who are already here (no matter which visa) are not affected by this - just imagine the logistic effort to find and deport all foreigners that are currently in the country, that'd be an impossible task! :ohmy:

Yes would be super hard... but having said that Ive seen lots white guys out walking around Makati..me included.... seems we enjoy walking.. In my case I dont go near anyone and dont touch anything so its all very safe. Traffic enforcers remain sat on their butts , police in certain places all playing on their phones and a big ass Police truck ( with camouflage that makes it look like army truck ) stationed outside Dusit Thani hotel.

Also today firetrucks going around hosing down streets and pavements. No idea if thats effective but its good to see people doing something

• Haha 1

Balisidar
Posted
Posted (edited)

Phew...I was already issued mine here in the USA and as my wife is a dual citizen looks like it's still valid.👍😀

Edited by Balisidar

graham59
Posted
Posted

Balikbayans entering (with wife, of course) are fine.   

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Phew...I was already issued mine here in the USA and as my wife is a dual citizen looks like it's still valid.👍😀

Assuming you are here in the Philippines then yes. If not assuming you are entering as a Balikbayan with your wife then it should be OK from my understanding but tomorrow might bring a different story. 

On 3/20/2020 at 12:24 PM, gery0x said:

Those who are already here (no matter which visa) are not affected by this - just imagine the logistic effort to find and deport all foreigners that are currently in the country, that'd be an impossible task!

To me in this case the gov is doing the right thing. It's also allowing those of us here to stay without hassle at this point. Now ask me about liquor bans then I change my tune :dance:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

ZenTraveler2020
Posted
Posted

I've been staying here on a tourist visa the past couple of years and also made some side trips.

I'm staying in BGC area of Taguig with a 30 day tourist Visa (from the U.S.) 

I've been here for a few weeks already.  Is it possible they would allow me to stay longer?  It seems like I'm gonna have to go back as soon as the lockdown is over.  And looking at what's going on in the U.S. if that happens, I don't think I'll be able to get back here anytime soon.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, ZenTraveler2020 said:

I've been staying here on a tourist visa the past couple of years and also made some side trips.

I'm staying in BGC area of Taguig with a 30 day tourist Visa (from the U.S.) 

I've been here for a few weeks already.  Is it possible they would allow me to stay longer?  It seems like I'm gonna have to go back as soon as the lockdown is over.  And looking at what's going on in the U.S. if that happens, I don't think I'll be able to get back here anytime soon.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge non permanent residents visas are cancelled to prevent those that wish to enter the country from getting here.  Those cancelled for tourists currently here is just a formality.  The executive order says once restrictions are over you have 30 days to renew your visa.  So it looks like it's just a temporary control measure. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 3/20/2020 at 12:24 PM, gery0x said:

..just imagine the logistic effort to find and deport all foreigners that are currently in the country, that'd be an impossible task! :ohmy:

Yes, but in reality no different to normal situation - I'm pretty sure they don't actively seek out anyone here who shouldn't be and just rely on people coming out of the woodwork for various reasons to round them up and send them home.

In some ways it would be easier in the present situation - they'd be looking for many needles in a haystack rather than just 1.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic