No new visas, others are canceled

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Common sense has to prevail sometimes.  How could they expect people already here to leave ASAP - they may have nowhere to go and no way to pay for flights etc etc.  The already overflowing jails would burst when filled with foreigners stuck here.

In my locale common sense is pretty thin on the ground. Can't remember where is was on the news but one country was kicking out all of the foreigners, even a US hospital ship with 400 doctors and nurses on board. I think it may have been Senegal.

Edited by Gary D
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gary D said:

In my locale common sense is pretty thin on the ground. Can't remember where is was on the new but one country was kicking out all of the foreigners, even a US hospital ship with 400 doctors and nurses on board. I think it may have been Senegal.

Lucky we aren't in Senegal then!

The Philippines depends on having a workable relationship with many other countries so it does have to think twice before taking drastic measures affecting foreigners here.  Sure, they have spats from time-to-time but which countries don't? 

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

Common sense has to prevail sometimes.  How could they expect people already here to leave ASAP - they may have nowhere to go and no way to pay for flights etc etc.  The already overflowing jails would burst when filled with foreigners stuck here.

Nahh, you are using logic.  Think like a government -- the best solution to foreigners who have nowhere to go is to offer pricey "emergency extensions" or some such thing.  Lets say 20,000 Pesos each for the privilege of not being arrested, renewable every 30 days!  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic