ATM Machines in the Phills.

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

This is a regular topic on here IIRC.  There are a number of variables, including the type of account and where/when the card was issued.  I can get 20K in one go at BPI, my wife cannot - her card was issued in Hong Kong, mine's here. 

So, BPI will give 20K in one transaction but not necessarily to all account holders.  I can always get 20K by doing 2 consecutive transactions if using another bank's machine or another bank's card at a BPI machine.  

Not sure if your on line with BPI, I upped my one time ATM withdrawal to P30K by using their on line system, easy. Its just a simple bank account with card.

• Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

What do you mean?  Phone app from USAA?

Yes, they have a great app.  It provides much better service than I ever got in person at a franchise bank here. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

OHNO
Posted
Posted

Transfer wise  I like much better but no bonus.

See below:

I’m no shill I somebody wants a $50 sign up code PM me. I get $50 too and would donate to this site. Free withdraws up to $400 monthly. No fees. Ships to Philippines. Perfect interbank rates. I only like Transferwise better. Far simpler.

AE1B6E45-9377-4495-8784-54DB9499B2F4.png

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Not sure if your on line with BPI, I upped my one time ATM withdrawal to P30K by using their on line system, easy. Its just a simple bank account with card.

I do use BPI online - the 20K limit is sufficient for my cash needs.  I would use my debit card for larger amounts but thanks for pointing that facility out.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Yes, they have a great app.  It provides much better service than I ever got in person at a franchise bank here. 

But can you pay your bills from here online - at this time it's very convenient to be able to do that?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OHNO said:

Transfer wise  I like much better but no bonus.

See below:

I’m no shill I somebody wants a $50 sign up code PM me. I get $50 too and would donate to this site. Free withdraws up to $400 monthly. No fees. Ships to Philippines. Perfect interbank rates. I only like Transferwise better. Far simpler.

AE1B6E45-9377-4495-8784-54DB9499B2F4.png

What are you talking about?  A Transferwise debit card of some sort?  I'm not familiar with it.  I will take a look at their site.

I just recently put together an updated comparison of Xoom, Remitly and wire transfer from my bank.  The reason was because a neighbor told me how much he likes Remitly, but I find all of those services to be quite expensive.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I do use BPI online - the 20K limit is sufficient for my cash needs.  I would use my debit card for larger amounts but thanks for pointing that facility out.  

I'm not sure if it is just local to my area, but our BPI's here in the Freeport stopped accepting USD checks.  I'm sure it is temporary, but heads up for anyone who needs to know.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

told me how much he likes Remitly

It is expensive but I like it for sending money from Canada to Lyn's parents in the bukid of the Philippines.  Like most Filipinas she likes to help her family and they have no bank account.  Remitly is instantly available at any L'Huillier outlet so I can be watching TV and Lyn says she needs to send money to her parents for a bag of rice . . . click click click and the money is there for them.

When I lived in the Philippines I used Transferwise ALL the time to send money to myself.  Lyn went to the local LiHuillier to send money to her parents.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure if it is just local to my area, but our BPI's here in the Freeport stopped accepting USD checks.  I'm sure it is temporary, but heads up for anyone who needs to know.

Since I moved from the UK I have never been able to pay a UK cheque into my accounts in either Hong Kong or here in the Philippines.  I have to send to either of my UK banks. 

That said, nowadays I never receive cheques so it's not really an issue.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

It is expensive but I like it for sending money from Canada to Lyn's parents in the bukid of the Philippines.  Like most Filipinas she likes to help her family and they have no bank account.  Remitly is instantly available at any L'Huillier outlet so I can be watching TV and Lyn says she needs to send money to her parents for a bag of rice . . . click click click and the money is there for them.

When I lived in the Philippines I used Transferwise ALL the time to send money to myself.  Lyn went to the local LiHuillier to send money to her parents.

When you send money to Transferwise, is it in your name?  I ask because both my UK banks prohibit electronic transfers to accounts not in the account holder's name?