ATM Machines in the Phills.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The only bills here are Globe and electric. Globe I can pay online (at Globe) or at 7-11. The electric we pay at 7-11.  That would not be worth setting up a bank here. I have had both BPI an BDO, I am much happier banking from the US. Less fees, less bullshit.

About 3 months ago we started paying Globe, Cignal, and Merelco electric with G-cash. Load the G-cash at a 7-11 No bank information required. Might wanna check it out.:smile:

roddavis
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'm slightly confused about the Transferwise part - you must be giving your Canadian bank your transferwise details? That's the bit where my bank won't play ball I suspect.  

This is  the case for bank to bank transfers or ACH in bank parley. Tranferwise would need 3 items from your bank

1) Name of Bank

2) Account number

3) Routing number

This the standard electronic bank pay/deposit for all bank transfers (IRS, Soc Sec, personal transfer from one bank to another...etc). Transferwise is used for the conduit to change dollars/peso. In the PI it requires bank name. account number . and a SWIFT code(like routing code in USA.

USA bank does electronic transfer to Transferwise. Transferwise does the money exchange, then electronic transfers to PI bank account. Normally processed the same day or within a couple hours,:56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, roddavis said:

This is  the case for bank to bank transfers or ACH in bank parley. Tranferwise would need 3 items from your bank

1) Name of Bank

2) Account number

3) Routing number

This the standard electronic bank pay/deposit for all bank transfers (IRS, Soc Sec, personal transfer from one bank to another...etc). Transferwise is used for the conduit to change dollars/peso. In the PI it requires bank name. account number . and a SWIFT code(like routing code in USA.

USA bank does electronic transfer to Transferwise. Transferwise does the money exchange, then electronic transfers to PI bank account. Normally processed the same day or within a couple hours,:56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

I'm not trying to be dumb - it comes easily to me!

At the moment, I have to provide my UK bank with the info you mention above, as well as the SWIFT code.  They then transfer the money to my PI bank - I don't need to do anything with the PI bank. 

The 2 banks I use in the UK will not accept a transfer into any account not in my name. 

So, my question is how does the money from  my UK bank make its way into transferwise before heading into my PI bank?  Surely I need to provide my UK bank with transferwise's details - and that won't be in my name? 

I must be missing something.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not trying to be dumb - it comes easily to me!

At the moment, I have to provide my UK bank with the info you mention above, as well as the SWIFT code.  They then transfer the money to my PI bank - I don't need to do anything with the PI bank. 

The 2 banks I use in the UK will not accept a transfer into any account not in my name. 

So, my question is how does the money from  my UK bank make its way into transferwise before heading into my PI bank?  Surely I need to provide my UK bank with transferwise's details - and that won't be in my name? 

I must be missing something.

This all getting a bit confusing.  ACH is mainly the U.S. system for transfers, bill pay, direct deposit, etc.  Transferwise does tie it in but that would only be for a U.S. customer.

https://transferwise.com/us/blog/international-ach-transfer

When you say your U.K. banks will not accept a transfer into an account not in your name, I think you are referring to wire transfer, correct?  That seems strange because wire transfer is used every day for international transactions between business'.  However, it may be a restriction based on your type of account with the bank.  Something similar for me at my Chase bank in the U.S.  Wire transfers from my personal account are limited to $25k per day and some other limitations.  I never tried to send to someone other than myself.  They told me if I want to do more than that I need to upgrade to a business account and I am sure you can transfer to people other than yourself.

Transferwise definitely can send money from a UK bank or debit card or credit card to someone other than your self.  The best way to find out everything is to go to their site and see what is required to sign up.  They may need different things depending on how much you want to send, how you pay, etc.

Screenshot (86).png

• Thanks 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

WorldRemit is another method to transfer money from a foreign bank to a PI bank, online, fast and easy, at a good rate, once you are set up. I would check both it and TransferWise to see which one offered the best at that moment.

Click submit, message would say check email. Check email, message would say check bank. Check bank and money was there, as fast as you can click with PLDT internet.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

So, basically you have to give Transferwise your bank account log in details? 

Basically yes, but only if you want their cheapest rate.

• Thanks 1

OHNO
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

What are you talking about?  A Transferwise debit card of some sort?  I'm not familiar with it.  I will take a look at their site.

I just recently put together an updated comparison of Xoom, Remitly and wire transfer from my bank.  The reason was because a neighbor told me how much he likes Remitly, but I find all of those services to be quite expensive.

The debit card is from crypto.com which is metal and very nicely done. Free $400 withdraws at perfect interbank rates. Sorry I was so vague. I was trying to be helpful without seeming like a shill, which is the last thing I care about. It simply solves a problem for me. I use it as a backup card, only. Free $50 sign up incentive. Just PM. BUT- and I stress this- I don’t care about that I just find it the second best method to get cash and my motivation is to be helpful. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is a juggling act which some cannot manage.

This comment I cannot understand. What is there to juggle?

one only needs a local address which we all have have long term, plus most if not all of us have a bank account in our native country. many like myself just change address to a trusted person....Hardly rocket science.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

This all getting a bit confusing.  ACH is mainly the U.S. system for transfers, bill pay, direct deposit, etc.  Transferwise does tie it in but that would only be for a U.S. customer.

https://transferwise.com/us/blog/international-ach-transfer

When you say your U.K. banks will not accept a transfer into an account not in your name, I think you are referring to wire transfer, correct?  That seems strange because wire transfer is used every day for international transactions between business'.  However, it may be a restriction based on your type of account with the bank.  Something similar for me at my Chase bank in the U.S.  Wire transfers from my personal account are limited to $25k per day and some other limitations.  I never tried to send to someone other than myself.  They told me if I want to do more than that I need to upgrade to a business account and I am sure you can transfer to people other than yourself.

Transferwise definitely can send money from a UK bank or debit card or credit card to someone other than your self.  The best way to find out everything is to go to their site and see what is required to sign up.  They may need different things depending on how much you want to send, how you pay, etc.

Screenshot (86).png

Thanks OnMyWay!, very helpful. I just now signed up with Transferwise. Very straightforward. Did a trial transaction from my UK bank to my BPI account. Was in there in less than 10 minutes. And MUCH cheaper than my usual SWIFT transfer which takes about 24 hours. I will use them in future.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OHNO said:

The debit card is from crypto.com which is metal and very nicely done. Free $400 withdraws at perfect interbank rates. Sorry I was so vague. I was trying to be helpful without seeming like a shill, which is the last thing I care about. It simply solves a problem for me. I use it as a backup card, only. Free $50 sign up incentive. Just PM. BUT- and I stress this- I don’t care about that I just find it the second best method to get cash and my motivation is to be helpful. 

The crypto.com card might be a solution for some, but it requires a lot more research and knowledge of crypto currencies.

When I searched for reviews, most were people giving out their code so they can get the $50 bonus.