But I bet you can still get Rugby :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But I bet you can still get Rugby :hystery:

Petrol stations are still open too for the truly desperate....

Quezon City alcohol is banned, tobacco is not but the sari's are selling out and only one place is able to get more stock. Marlboro seems to be the brand getting through most of all (maybe larger stocks?).

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

My GF told me today that someone tried to make drinks for their friends in Manila. Paint thinner, coffee, coke and vinegar. Two of the friends died.

• Sad 3

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

My GF told me today that someone tried to make drinks for their friends in Manila. Paint thinner, coffee, coke and vinegar. Two of the friends died.

Alcoholics? I've seen the shakes in alocholics in the morning, I can't imagine being forced to cold turkey off alcohol.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

Alcoholics? I've seen the shakes in alocholics in the morning, I can't imagine being forced to cold turkey off alcohol.

I mentioned this point previously - it will be a serious issue for some.  I have one neighbour who is hunting around for alcohol now he's ran out of Red Horse.   

• Sad 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

My younger brother has gone through the detox process several times. Shaking so much that he couldn't even answer my email. When I personally can't have my afternoon cocktail I just watch what I have downloaded on my tv in my bedroom.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Paint thinner, coffee, coke and vinegar. Two of the friends died.

You mean Tanduay?:89:

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

I mentioned this point previously - it will be a serious issue for some.  I have one neighbour who is hunting around for alcohol now he's ran out of Red Horse.   

I have about 3 days worth of stock left. Look out everyone after that :angry_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I know someone but located in Talisay 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, AusExpat said:

I can't imagine being forced to cold turkey off alcohol.

5 years ago, a 40 year old friend of mine went into a Dumaguete hospital because he did not feel well.  They refused to let him have any alcohol and treated him with other meds (I do not know which meds). He seemed to be getting a bit better but when I visited him he was shaking.  That night he died of what the hospital says was a heart attack.  Its rare to see a 40 year old have a heart attack IN hospital and they could not revive him.  So I pity the ones who have to go through DTs and those who have to rely on Philippine hospitals for serious problems.  Stay well all.  Stay isolated.  And now is not the best time to quit habits like drinking or smoking, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic