Recent Sales Bans and limitations

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And now is not the best time to quit habits like drinking or smoking,

Now this is sense, When I had my Stroke in 2012, My UK Consultant told me the exact same thing, reduce it by all means but do not stop, your body will not accept it and will close down, Sorry about your Friend Dave :sad:

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2020 at 2:06 PM, hk blues said:

The alcohol ban may have some serious impact on alcoholics - I'm not one but I can honestly say the thought of having to go a few days without  a couple of beers to relax is not pleasant.  

Some may not be able to do it easily.  

I went 3 weeks and 3 days without any alcohol in March, But I did have dengue virus. I suppose that won't count.

• Like 5

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And now is not the best time to quit habits like drinking or smoking, IMHO.

I had a friend about ten years ago in Thailand who was a daily drinker though not a heavy drinker  and heavy smoker who's Doctor told him to quit or he'd die. He quit and three days later almost died, called a Doctor ack in the US who told him to reduce over time not quit.

Thai doctors - grrrrr - I've got a few stories about their total incompetence too.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

He quit and three days later almost died, called a Doctor ack in the US who told him to reduce over time not quit.

Support here for my Consultant, now after 8 years and nigh on 90% recovered still here and  Doing well

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AusExpat said:

I had a friend about ten years ago in Thailand who was a daily drinker though not a heavy drinker  and heavy smoker who's Doctor told him to quit or he'd die. 

So he need a Doctor to tell him to quit smoking and drinking? Could not figure it out himself.... The stupidity of some people is amazing...

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, jaybee said:

So he need a Doctor to tell him to quit smoking and drinking? Could not figure it out himself.... The stupidity of some people is amazing

In my family, a few members need a Doctor to tell them they are fat and if they do not lose weight they will die prematurely.  They do not listen either.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jaybee said:

So he need a Doctor to tell him to quit smoking and drinking? Could not figure it out himself.... The stupidity of some people is amazing...

Very helpful contribution, thankyou.

• Haha 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In my family, a few members need a Doctor to tell them they are fat and if they do not lose weight they will die prematurely.  They do not listen either.

I've watched the tv show. "my 600 pound life" crazy.

• Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Seems some people think it's a competition, nowadays....'how fat can I get ?'  :whatever:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Seems some people think it's a competition, nowadays....'how fat can I get ?'  :whatever:

Go to American Samoa, Graham... It's true there.:ohmy:

It's considered a sign of wealth. The hospital there also happens to have a lot of dialysis machines and lots of diabetes type II treatments...

Edited by Tommy T.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic