Recent Sales Bans and limitations

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

Seems some people think it's a competition, nowadays....'how fat can I get ?'  :whatever:

Hey, stop knocking as fat guys skinny ass. :gottarun_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I know the alcohol ban is in place here in Davao but, apparently it is not air tight - like so many rules and regulations (that we know about!).

L had a word with the kid who comes by using his tricycle two or times weekly to pick up garbage. He is one of those to whom she gave a CARE package of food and a few goodies. So, when he came by on his bi-weekly garbage run last night, she gave him some cash with a request to buy maybe 6 or 8 or long neck Tanduay (paint thinner) for me for the long run. We both suspected that the local sari sari stores were still stocked and would sell. We had a feeling that as a local trike driver, he would be the one to know.... And we were correct!

The bad news is no more long necks... The good news is he brought back over a dozen of the "senior" (I think that's what they are called?) 375ml bottles - or half the size of the 750ml bottles. I don't care what size they are. She tipped him 50 pesos and also upped what she pays him for his garbage pickup to 100 pesos from 50 pesos per pickup. He was very pleased.

Slightly off topic, but related - sort of - L also learned that teachers, such as herself, will not receive any cash or food disbursements. That's fine with both of us. If she had received anything, the plan was just to turn it around and pass it on to some that really need it.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I was able to buy another case of San Mig today - 60php per bottle though.  Good to see the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well here even in desperate times!

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I was able to buy another case of San Mig today - 60php per bottle though.  Good to see the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well here even in desperate times!

Got 4 big bottles of Gin today. 80 proof. Not used to it. If I pass out I'll let you know..tomorrow.:cheers:

• Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Got 4 big bottles of Gin today. 80 proof. Not used to it. If I pass out I'll let you know..tomorrow.:cheers:

Never been a hard liqueur man - pretty much beer only now.

Cheers! 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, Mike J said:

One of my two beer emergency stock is now gone.  Saving the other just in case. :tongue:

Well my second beer is now history.  I was going to save the little guy for my birthday next month, but it has been HOT and DRY here and he volunteered for duty. That final soldier went to "donut heaven" with courage and determination.   I salute you my friend. 

image.jpeg

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Well, I have a stash now of maybe 8 SMLs and enough Tanduay to last for a month or more. I have cut back on consumption so just have a shot with my coffee and again at night to settle me down for sleep. It is looking like the quarantine here "may" start to relax a bit by around the 27th or 28th, subject to revision, of course. Meanwhile, we are actually happy to hang out at home with either L or the working student venturing out now and then for shopping or small errands.

What's really nice is that Mayor Inday has either ordered or strongly advised - I really don't know which - that people be considerate to others (can you imagine that???) and not have loud parties or make a lot of noise. That edict, or whatever, seems to be working here - even the dogs don't bark quite as much as before...

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

and not have loud parties or make a lot of noise. That edict, or whatever, seems to be working here - even the dogs don't bark quite as much as before...

Hard to have loud parties when meant to social distance and cant buy alcohol. Perhaps dogs are quieter now because less people roaming around so nothing to bark at or perhaps since owners are home doing nothing they might be getting just a little attention.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hope someone listens

Companies urge PH gov't to lift liquor ban

MANILA, Philippines – Alcoholic beverage makers appealed to the government to lift the total liquor ban imposed in several areas during the coronavirus lockdown.

In a letter dated April 16 and addressed to Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez, the Center for Alcohol Research and Development (CARD) said the total ban "drives out the industry from the market" and "unduly forfeits the capital" they have invested in products.

"If this ban continues, the industry can no longer survive, a situation that can affect a large sector of the community," CARD said.

Some of CARD's members are Absolut Distillers, Emperador Distillers, Ginebra San Miguel, Far East Alcohol, and Asian Alcohol.

Local government units like Quezon City, as well as Cebu City, Ilocos, and La Union, banned stores from selling liquor, as people converged on streets and failed to practice physical distancing.

CARD said it recognizes that the government wants to prevent intoxication during the pandemic, but noted that people can drink in moderation.

Full story, https://www.rappler.com/business/258304-alcohol-companies-urge-philippine-government-lift-liquor-ban-coronavirus-lockdown

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Split redhorse discussion to here, 

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic