If you're caught disobeying the lockdown...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

When you say neighborhood security guards  enforcing rules, do they have any right to do so as they are not employed by the goverment I guess ? 

Yes, they are empowered to enforce the quarantine.

In the Subic Bay Freeport, ex-U.S. Navy base, everything is controlled by the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority, SBMA.  The U.S. Navy built housing areas used to patrolled and gate controlled by the SBMA LED.  About 1-2 years ago, SBMA outsourced many of the LED positions that were more of security guard roles.  Those roles are now filled by by Philland Security personnel and Philland reports to LED management.

It was a good deal for us residents.  We went from having guards at the gates and an occasional LED truck drive through, to having pairs of roving guards on duty 24/7.  In our Kalayaan neighborhood, which is quite large, I think there are 30-40 guards per shift.  Along with the rovers, there are supervisors on motorcycles keeping tabs on them and also patrol.

A lot of the work they do now is enforcing neighborhood rules, and the quarantine rules were rolled into that.  Before and after the quarantine, they have always been polite and they just give warnings, as far as I know.  If it requires more than a warning, LED will show up at your door.  The only case of that happening that I know of is building permit enforcement.  The guards will warn you and if you don't get a permit, LED will show up.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I didn't really see all that much in his post which was so bad, seemed like he was just venting at what he sees as pointless measures. That said, from what you say he has previous for being an A-hole so there is always the cumulative effect aspect.

You are right.  This was the straw that broke the camels back.  Some things he posted would get him banned in this forum.  In addition to foul language, many derogatory remarks about Filipinos.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Some people must think they are immune to the law

Pastor in Cagayan De Oro City arrested for holding church service amid quarantine

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, April 5) — Authorities arrested a pastor on Sunday after presiding over a church service with around 500 attendees in Cagayan de Oro City despite a city-wide quarantine.

Pastor Alfred Caslam of The Word of God Spirit and Life Ministries Inc. was nabbed for ignoring social distancing measures enforced by city hall to help combat the spread of COVID-19.

Mayor Oscar Moreno placed the city under community quarantine on March 19.

Caslam faces charges for violation of Article 151 of the Revised Penal Code for resistance and disobedience to persons in authority; and Section 9 of R.A. 11332, for non-cooperation related to health events of public concern.

Penalties of arresto mayor or imprisonment of one month and a day to six months and a fine not exceeding ₱500 are meted to those who violate Article 151 of the Revised Penal Code.

Violators of Section 9 of R.A. 11332, meanwhile, face a fine ranging from ₱20,000 to ₱50,000, or imprisonment of one to six months, or both.

The city government also ordered the closure of the church.

https://www.cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/4/5/Cagayan-De-Oro-City-pastor-arrested-church-service-quarantine.html

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

This Easter will be interesting with the lockdown,.How many filipinos will isolated themselves and how will the police act on the law-breakers.

• Hmm thinking 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

This Easter will be interesting with the lockdown,.How many filipinos will isolated themselves and how will the police act on the law-breakers.

I'm sure there will be some churches and services despite the lockdown and people wanting to visit shrines.

The real question is what will be the response...

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Some people must think they are immune to the law

Pastor in Cagayan De Oro City arrested for holding church service amid quarantine

OR immuned to the virus........Sad to say it's the same the whole world over!

Picnics in the parks.....sunbathing on the beaches, total disregard to medical advice etc etc.

The truth is very few people have experienced anything like the present, how they react to it is still unfolding.

If it's true that it can be passed on to animals and vice versa wait for the panic!  (Headline;Tiger gets virus from zookeeper )

12 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I'm sure there will be some churches and services despite the lockdown and people wanting to visit shrines.

The real question is what will be the response...

Hmmm Good question :thumbsup:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

A few drops of dirty water do not make the Ocean unclean====Mahatma Gandhi

Every so often the Church comes under criticism and certain of it's clergy are to blame, the Pope has been mentioned in this topic aleast twice

so please give me the right to answer.

The Popes visit to Philippines a few years back gave hope to millions of believers, he was probably unaware that street children were rounded up and treated like animals.

There is a lot of good done by various Christian Organisations including the Catholic Church, those that criticize very often dont take the trouble to read about it.

If anyone is even slightly interested or bored with the lockdown try reading  before commenting further.......

Pope establishes coronavirus emergency fund for mission territories | National Catholic Reporter

Pope Francis' visit to the Philippines spoke to Filipinos heart-to-heart | National Catholic Reporter

Edited by Kuya John
still hurting
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

image.png

Just a section of one statement above

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/6/2020 at 11:13 PM, OnMyWay said:

You are right.  This was the straw that broke the camels back.  Some things he posted would get him banned in this forum.  In addition to foul language, many derogatory remarks about Filipinos.

Why not give the guy a break? Maybe he had a bad night? Been there.:wave:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/7/2020 at 10:04 AM, jimeve said:

Don't you find it that the churches are acting a little uppity during this crisis? I do. :no:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic