Counting the final cost of this Pandemic

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, scott h said:

Possibly once the 15 min test is widely available, a person arrives 6-8 hours prior to departure. Tested, (price of test added to the tiket naturally :hystery:) secluded, passed, khek in, secluded, board fly.

Or a vaccine is widely available and we carry vaccine records with us like in the old days.

:89:

:89: indeed Scott but beware the forgeries EH?

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Having said that I suspect it's anti-body testing because that's the only tests that would give 10 minute results and they will only detect cases where people have been infected long enough to make anti-bodies and people who are recovered.  So it's going to miss pre-symptomatic cases and non-fever cases.

My question is: Can any test results differentiate whether someone has an active, contagious case or has recovered?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: indeed Scott but beware the forgeries EH?

AH! I see at least 2 doubters who think Vaccine records/certificates can't be forged. are we forgetting where we are and some just want out, not just here of course, come on guys Desperate times sometimes yield desperate measures :wink: The World is not a nice pce just now:sad:

27 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Or a vaccine is widely available and we carry vaccine records with us like in the old days.

Of course I did not post this but attributed wrongly because my mind is on Coffee that is taking a long time to get here

Apologies to you Scott for this error :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I see at least 2 doubters

wasn't doubting Jack, was racking my brain for how to avoid counterfeits………..In our cases as expats maybe info added to the chip on our passports. :89:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

It's going to hurt their economy, already hurting from the brexit fiasco.

The only hope is that the impact of Brexit will be lost amongst the bigger impact of Corona Virus.  

AusExpat
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scott h said:

wasn't doubting Jack, was racking my brain for how to avoid counterfeits………..In our cases as expats maybe info added to the chip on our passports. :89:

Bill Gates has suggested microchipping or using invisible tattoos on the vaccinated (with his vaccine), Bill? Hello? Ever heard of the mark of the beast? That will have massive pushback amongst various Christian groups and privacy advocates.

Back to the OP though, what if the financial cost isn't as bad as they calculate as for many it is just a 2 month pause where people had to take time out and reassess what is important in life and are forced to reconnect with their families.

My friend in Aus said it's been amazing, people are starting to be considerate to each other again, polite and even friendly to strangers - if that is a trend then the social benefits outway any monopoly money costs in my opinion.

Edited by AusExpat
  • Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

But they (passports) are only replaced at intervals - 10 years in the UK.  It would be impractical to update passport I'd imagine.  

If you can make it, you can fake it springs to mind.  They would just have to include as many security measures as possible.  

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Maybe some kind of no fly list database without a vaccination record or antibody recorded? 

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Their reporting there is three strains of this virus, :whatever:, this is the new scuttlebutt the media is sprucing. Getting sick of all this miss- reporting, one minute their test a couple of vaccines, then their saying it will take 12 to 18 months to find a vaccine. :56da64b24b45d_36_1_501:Very confusing when they found a vaccine for Ebola in a few months. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

My question is: Can any test results differentiate whether someone has an active, contagious case or has recovered?

It is my understanding that antibody  tests cannot differentiate between a recovered person and a person with a still active case which makes the testing much less useful by itself.  It should be used in combination with some sort of recovery/isolation proof (what that would be I have no idea).

I was really only using this to show that there are already some small steps to reopen travel rather than trying to defend that particular method.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Sad 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic