Counting the final cost of this Pandemic

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

AH! I see at least 2 doubters who think Vaccine records/certificates can't be forged.

I am sure they can be (and will be) forged but the majority of people would have genuine ones and even with some forgeries it would still act to reduce the number of infected people travelling.  I don't think there is a single solution to this, there will need to be multiple extra safety procedures.

I can see temperature taking, vaccine certificates, fast testing, doctors recovery certificates, quarantine upon arrival and other measures becoming widely used.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, GeoffH said:

And we're retired guys... does it really matter that much to most of us?

Haven't had a Burger King burger going on a month now. Yes it matters to me!:laugh:

• Haha 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Haven't had a Burger King burger going on a month now. Yes it matters to me!:laugh:

I like a burger from Burger King, Ems loves KFC and like you we have not had either for a few weeks, so Ems is making her own and both are great , so great I am going to tell her we won’t be going to these places to eat again.:thumbsup:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, AusExpat said:

My friend in Aus said it's been amazing, people are starting to be considerate to each other again, polite and even friendly to strangers - if that is a trend then the social benefits outway any monopoly money costs in my opinion.

I'll go along with that......Neighbours that I have lived by for years have started wave or smile, while others have crossed the street :hystery:

I supose it depends what's going through their minds at the time. I quess when you are all in the same boat, it helps to get along. 

Let's hope the world will be a better place when this Pandemic is over, treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself. :tiphat:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, AusExpat said:

Back to the OP though, what if the financial cost

WOW I thought this topic was about hamburgers or vaccines or anything that comes to mind.  :mocking: Not directing this at you but using it to point out how easy it is to get very off topic from what I read. 

8 hours ago, AusExpat said:

if that is a trend then the social benefits outway any monopoly money costs in my opinion.

Depends on what end of the stick you are. If you have been in business and perhaps just getting things good then suddenly find you will never open again then I doubt if you would be out kissing strangers on the street.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, scott h said:

Possibly once the 15 min test is widely available, a person arrives 6-8 hours prior to departure. Tested, (price of test added to the tiket naturally :hystery:) secluded, passed, khek in, secluded, board fly.

Or a vaccine is widely available and we carry vaccine records with us like in the old days.

:89:

As in life there is no certainty, just read an article that a person in NZ whom tested positive and was treated for 3 weeks until cleared. A week later he was positive again, the jury is out if he still had symptoms of the virus or if reinfected.

The risks of flying for sure remain regardless.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think the "Final Cost" will go on for a very long time - medical, economic, emotional, psychological, political.

Already there is a lot of finger pointing going on internationally and - in USA at least - nationally. I see many lawsuits in the future and many "tell-all" books and documentaries. The effects of this pandemic will be the fodder for decades of books, movies, incriminations, and on and on. We haven't even seen the real beginning of the fall out of this. Imagine what the history books will say?.... 

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I think the "Final Cost" will go on for a very long time - medical, economic, emotional, psychological, political.

Already there is a lot of finger pointing going on internationally and - in USA at least - nationally. I see many lawsuits in the future and many "tell-all" books and documentaries. This effects of this pandemic will be the fodder for decades of books, movies, incriminations, and on and on. We haven't even seen the real beginning of the fall out of this. Imagine what the history books will say?.... 

Tommy I found this short video interesting.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, RBM said:

It is an interesting video.

I have two thoughts... One is that he is absolutely correct, in my opinion, that there are likely many more asymptomatic people mingling with others who may be spreading this plague.

But he made one one comment I disagree with. He mentioned that once someone has had the virus and recovered, then they will be immune from future infection. That has yet to be proven and is one of the scariest parts of this virus.

In short, there is much less known about this virus than appears to be known... And the fallout and "Final Cost," will likely be years down the road, I feel... Might be wrong - hope, sincerely that I am wrong...

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RBM said:

I watch Dr John Campbells videos most days (he is actually a retired nurse with a Doctorate not a medical doctor) because I consistently find his information to be accurate, predictive and easy to understand.  His videos have for a couple of months now consistently been weeks in advance of what's been coming from governments and the WHO.  And he genuinely tries to be unbiased and strictly scientific.

If you only want to watch one youtuber about COVID-19 then this is the guy to choose.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic