Ants and Aunt eradication- Split from another topic

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I know it is bad karma to wish ill. And maybe it could come back to haunt me. But I wonder why there doesn't seem to be a virus killing ants? Lately, the place, here, has been inundated with ants. I drive L nuts when I go around, spray can in hand, and spray here and there and everywhere I see these critters. Every morning they appear by the stove. There is no food out, so I wonder what on earth they are after? At least I have kept them at bay enough that we have not been bit recently.

So I see ants as winners during this plague!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nice one Geoff!!! Bwahahahaha!!!

I was afraid to suggest a virus for them, because, my God... it would probably be contagious to humans!!!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I know it is bad karma to wish ill. And maybe it could come back to haunt me. But I wonder why there doesn't seem to be a virus killing ants? Lately, the place, here, has been inundated with ants. I drive L nuts when I go around, spray can in hand, and spray here and there and everywhere I see these critters. Every morning they appear by the stove. There is no food out, so I wonder what on earth they are after? At least I have kept them at bay enough that we have not been bit recently.

So I see ants as winners during this plague!

Off topic but we had an aunt problem for months in our new house, tried everything.  Then I found this.  Its great and works quickly for months. 

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/promo-effective-green-leaf-powder-ant-killing-bait-5-pieces-pests-insect-and-bugs-killer-insecticides-pesticides-trap-lowest-price-cheapest-ant-killer-i238011592-s322313067.html?spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.2.14bdf9baq0gYGE&search=1

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Off topic but we had an aunt problem for months in our new house, tried everything.  Then I found this.  Its great and works quickly for months. 

I have ant problems, not aunt problems (:hystery:) But, when Lazada is up and running again for sure, I will look into that. Not expensive, and wonderful if it really works. I am tired of spraying so much....

• Haha 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

For ants I got a kg of Boric Acid from Lazarda and mix it with some honey, the ants take it back to the nest and die there. I'm not a big fan of poisoning creatures but these buggers were constantly biting me and leaving welts, so they left, some others moved in shortly after and they were biters too - more Boric, once they were gone the small but thicker black ants came - but they don't bite so we left them.

Still got about 980 grams of it too.

We have almost as many aunts as ants but I let the GF deal with them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Vinegar is effective in the battle against ants. It interferes with their system of chemical trail-marking so that they get lost. Spray or sponge it across their trails or dump a quantity of it on their nests.

• Thanks 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I have ant problems, not aunt problems (:hystery:) But, when Lazada is up and running again for sure, I will look into that. Not expensive, and wonderful if it really works. I am tired of spraying so much....

Our problem was those very small ants.  Mrs would clean like crazy in the evening before bed.  Wiping everything down and sweeping the floors.  Still, as soon as I got up and checked around the kitchen I would find a trail on the counter or near the pantry.  Old foods were disposed and anything leftover was sealed.  It was months of this after we first moved into our new home.  Those ant packets from Lazada worked over night.  Spread a little where you last saw them and during the night they eat a little and go back to their nest and die and then the others eat them and die.  The stuff is amazing and only requires a very small amount.  Seems maybe after about six months or so I may see a couple again.  Spread some more bait and they disappear for another long period.  After all the things we tried here I have never been so impressed.  Good luck.:tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, AusExpat said:

For ants I got a kg of Boric Acid from Lazarda and mix it with some honey, the ants take it back to the nest and die there. I'm not a big fan of poisoning creatures but these buggers were constantly biting me and leaving welts, so they left, some others moved in shortly after and they were biters too - more Boric, once they were gone the small but thicker black ants came - but they don't bite so we left them.

Still got about 980 grams of it too.

We have almost as many aunts as ants but I let the GF deal with them.

I will second that, we had ant problems all over the house, then Someone said on a different forum. mix Borax and sugar in even quantities and a drop of water to bond the two together mix so it's crumbly, put on the ant runs only need a bit. No more ants all gone now. I got the Borax from the groceries.

• Thanks 1