Darn mosquitos.......Dengue

RBM
Posted
Posted

Been there done that, stay hydrated and best of luck.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

Well the flying vampires got me, Dengue. Guess they didn't get the word about social distancing. I feel like crap but doing fine according to the blood work. Just wanted to remind everyone that one day when Covid19 is gone from the headlines there are still things In this world that can bight you.

Had the Dengue 3 months ago, had to be hospitalized as my platelet count was decreasing. Keep hydrated and take vitamin C.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, gbmmbg said:

Just wanted to remind everyone that one day when Covid19 is gone from the headlines there are still things In this world that can bight you.

Ah.... don't worry about that... There will be Covid20, 21, etc... This is just the opening salvo of all the s*** that is ready to jump out and bite us...

Just thought I would give an uplifting comment (yeah... it should probably be in the sarcasm thread...).

I truly hope you mend quickly and carry on...

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Take care of yourself and hope you kick the dengue ASAP.

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Well the flying vampires got me, Dengue. Guess they didn't get the word about social distancing. I feel like crap but doing fine according to the blood work. Just wanted to remind everyone that one day when Covid19 is gone from the headlines there are still things In this world that can bight you.

Wow!  Hope you get better soon!  Reminds me that I need to be more diligent with repellent for the family and I.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Take care of yourself and hope you recover soon.

• Thanks 1

AusExpat
Posted
Posted

I think we need a 3 month Dengue lockdown now.

Here's some Dengue Feverto pick you up though

Cambodian singer, LA based band.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Avalon
Posted
Posted

Got Dengue in 2017 and bounced back but be aware if you get it a second time it's much more serious.  So when you recover, beef up on your mozzie security and if that means relocating (because your neighbours have stagnant pools of water you cannot remove) then do so.  Life's too short - get well soon.  :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted

Been laid up in bed with a virus like flu and got a rash on my legs, It was worse than the dengue I had in March. Went to the hospital for test and my platelet count was down

(dengue) I feel a little better though the rash is still there and my platelet count is almost back to normal. Just to say drink lots of water and take vitamin C.

Not sure this helped but having heard, Take papaya leaves, taste bloody awful.

• Like 2