Expensive lockdown!

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Hey Guys & G's,  I asked if we found it an expensive Lockdown, Plenty of other Threads on How long etc. :smile:

Just bought some San Mig @ 770 a case, the small bottles. I remember paying 580 a case in December. That's some price hike. How much are you guys paying?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Just bought some San Mig @ 770 a case, the small bottles. I remember paying 580 a case in December. That's some price hike. How much are you guys paying?

I paid about the same last week but remember Jim, there was the tax increase in Jan of this year about 6 peso a bottle if memory serves me right. I am paying 700 a case for my beer na beer but that's ok still cheap methinks.:tiphat::biggrin:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

I paid about the same last week but remember Jim, there was the tax increase in Jan of this year about 6 peso a bottle if memory serves me right. I am paying 700 a case for my beer na beer but that's ok still cheap methinks.:tiphat::biggrin:

Forgot about the tax increase. What is it called, something like sin tax.:smile:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I do not drink beer, but the local rot gut was p95, for a 750 ml bottle, before the new tax... and is p95 now.  (well during the liquor ban the black market price was higher, but it would be ha ha). 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, jimeve said:

Here in Iloilo I'd pay 42php for SM Light normally but i don't bulk buy. During alcohol ban I'm paying 60php so a very hefty jump. Profiteering on one hand and a risk premium on the other.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, hk blues said:

During alcohol ban I'm paying 60php so a very hefty jump.

I didn't realize how many outlaws we had on this forum. :7500::hystery:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

outlaws

just scofflaws' lolol :hystery:

• Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I didn't realize how many outlaws we had on this forum. :7500::hystery:

I would never condone taking part in any black market activity (and would certainly never admit doing so...) but I heard some prices here... just hearsay, mind you.  A p90 bottle of Tanduay or Emerador was going for p250 (sold by a barangay official, so the rumor goes).   A dump truck driver got arrested nearby for trying to smuggle in cases of rum. Some cops got arrested going into the next province with a truck full of rum.  

The ban has been lifted again, so prices should go back to normal. Until it gets banned again next week ha ha 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The ban has been lifted again, so prices should go back to normal. Until it gets banned again next week ha ha 

I have stock-piled my beer stash to 16 crates of San Mig and Redhorse. oh and 1 crate of flavored apple beer for the Mrs. :cheersty:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2020 at 6:37 PM, jimeve said:

Well, the last case of San Mig I bought (in Bicol) cost p130.

That must have been in 1991 though. :89:

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic