Posted

Oh... here I am, after having drunk most of it,  it appears... :whistling:

Phils 1990 and 1991 036.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Has Manila lifted it's lockdown completely? or has it been downgraded to GCQ.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Has Manila lifted it's lockdown completely? or has it been downgraded to GCQ.

GCQ I believe

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

GCQ I believe

Thanks, I was having an argument with a guy on a British forum. He read that Manila has lifted the lockdown. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

or has it been downgraded to GCQ.

Almost all of Manila is on gcq, they anticipate we will move into modified gcq around the 15. After that my money is it will remain like that until a vaccine is developed...………..at least that's how I read the tea leaves :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

Almost all of Manila is on gcq, they anticipate we will move into modified gcq around the 15. After that my money is it will remain like that until a vaccine is developed...………..at least that's how I read the tea leaves :thumbsup:

That sounds about right to me.  This new normal should last quite a while.

We are on MGCQ here in Iloilo.  Businesses can open, but at 50% capacity. Out and about you have to maintain social distancing and wear masks. Boracay has reopened the hotels and has marked areas for swimming.  No big deal really, pretty much business as usual.  

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

This new normal should last quite a while.

Agree!

I wish they would use the old military readiness color system

black-ecq

red-mecq

yellow-mgcq

green-gcq

klear-normal

Be easy to represent on a map also,,,,,,,,,,,but then Filipinos love their acronyms lolol :whistling:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

This new normal should last quite a while.

I was in the mall today, after temp check and showed pass allowed to enter. The floors are marked with arrows so foot traffic separated while following the arrows. The elevators had feet painted on them to show where to stand, single file to one side and so much gap between each passenger.

Not many shops open and not many people there but here no transport yet to get around and still need a pass to move from one area to the other.

I can understand how difficult it is to get back to work, look at these requirements if you have to travel to work in a different area than home.

QUOTE , https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1284410/lack-of-transport-toughens-gcq-transition-for-cebu-city-workers 

Col. Clarito Baja, director of the Lapu-Lapu City police, said non-essential workers must present these documents to pass through borders—a clearance from village officials, medical certificate from the city health department, travel pass from City Hall, authority to travel from police.

“If they lack one of these requirements, they won’t be allowed to go to other localities,” he said.

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Typical over the top bureaucratic nonsense, totally out of tune with the needs of SIMPLE, POOR people...who desperately need an income !  Something that the (SUV-driving)  civil servants have no problem with.

As far as the various 'lockdown' categories go, it appears that the LGUs and Barangays make up their own rules as they go along... so good luck !

Only 'good' news (for some) today was that the Pres' will not be handing out any more money to the 'needy', so perhaps the LGUs and Barangays will lose interest if there is no pot of gold to steal from anymore. 

Are the downtrodden peasants beginning to rebel ?

.https://punto.com.ph/workers-to-duterte-focus-on-real-issues-mass-transport-not-militarism/

Edited by graham59

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic