Balikbayan problem

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, RobH said:

Just as an aside, My wife contacted the accredited agent in Angeles, they wanted 3500 PHP and another 3500 at the end of getting a 13A, we will try another agent to see if this is the normal fee or just a long nose tax.

Defiantly not paying that. I have mobility problems so I don't want to have to keep traveling up and down more than I have to.

Sorry, I may have missed it if you posted before, but what are they going to do for you for 35,000 X 2?  Can you tell me the name of this agent.  I want to see if he the same guy I used for something a few years back.

RobH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Sorry, I may have missed it if you posted before, but what are they going to do for you for 35,000 X 2?  Can you tell me the name of this agent.  I want to see if he the same guy I used for something a few years back.

583 IMMIGRATION AND TRAVEL CONSULTANCY.

CHRISTINE F. MENDOZA

G/F ROVIMAR BLDG. MAC ARTHUR HIWAY COR. ROVIMAR ST. BALIBAGO ANGELES CITY PAMPANGA 2009.

emailed them and gave them the wifes number she was told of the costs

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, RobH said:

583 IMMIGRATION AND TRAVEL CONSULTANCY.

CHRISTINE F. MENDOZA

G/F ROVIMAR BLDG. MAC ARTHUR HIWAY COR. ROVIMAR ST. BALIBAGO ANGELES CITY PAMPANGA 2009.

emailed them and gave them the wifes number she was told of the costs

No , that is not the guy.  What exactly do you want?  Someone to process your 13a from start to finish, including a paperwork, your background info, etc., etc.  It is a bit tedious but not that hard.

The guy I mentioned just helped me with one step of the process, picking up my 13A probationary in Manila.  He charged me p3000 for that.  I thought it was a bit high but much cheaper than going there myself.  He is based in Angeles but comes to Subic once a week to work out of RAO Subic.  I think he has a good reputation.  If you want, I can get his number for you.  My neighbor is director of RAO Subic.

• Like 1

RobH
Posted
Posted

Thanks yes if you could give me his number I'd be obliged. Is he Philippino? if he is I'll get the wife to speak to him. Always have trouble with Philippno English on the phone.

Yes I need someone to do as much as possible to avoid my travelling.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RobH said:

Thanks yes if you could give me his number I'd be obliged. Is he Philippino? if he is I'll get the wife to speak to him. Always have trouble with Philippno English on the phone.

Yes I need someone to do as much as possible to avoid my travelling.

OK, give me a bit of time.

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

p35,000 is plain ridiculous.

For what ...a simple form (which I picked up from my local BI last month) to fill in, and a few hundred pesos for NBI clearance ?

Most quotes for the process, doing it yourself are around the p11,000 mark...payable to BI

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I did my 13A spouse visa myself with help from my wife,  Cost a few bus and taxi rides and a stay in a hotel overnight stay but never would have cost more than P 35,000.

I know some expats who paid a lot more than P 35,000. More money than sense.

• Like 2

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

35,000php x 2 is just plain ridiculous! 

I recently submitted my 13A application. It is not that hard at all. Admittedly everything is to hand, where I live, BI and NBI. Everything else can be done online, such as copy marriage and wife’s birth certificate from the PSA.

Even if their fee included the BI fee of around 11,000 it’s still too expensive!

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Everything else can be done online, such as copy marriage and wife’s birth certificate from the PSA.

Can PSA docs be ordered online now?  I didn't realize that.  I like to keep a few extra copies of everything and I think I used my last BC for my daughter.  I will take inventory and stock up.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Can PSA docs be ordered online now?  I didn't realize that.  I like to keep a few extra copies of everything and I think I used my last BC for my daughter.  I will take inventory and stock up.

Answered my own question and for those who are interested, here in the direct link.

https://www.psaserbilis.com.ph/Default.aspx

You can even have them sent overseas using Fedex.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1