Is it legal/safe to sleep in tent on beach

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted

I am thinking of doing trips from Pampanga to the northern beaches, on my motorcycle. Is it realistic to bring a tent and sleeping bag and try to spend some of the nights in nature or on beaches? Would I face legal problems? Would I have to ask someone for permission?

Anyone have experiences about camping in nature? In my western country it is legal to spend one night in any place where none is living, or growing things.

Thanks

Edrigo

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

I am thinking of doing trips from Pampanga to the northern beaches, on my motorcycle. Is it realistic to bring a tent and sleeping bag and try to spend some of the nights in nature or on beaches? Would I face legal problems? Would I have to ask someone for permission?

Anyone have experiences about camping in nature? In my western country it is legal to spend one night in any place where none is living, or growing things.

Thanks

Edrigo

As for the legal aspect, it would depend on who, if anyone,  owns the piece of land you wanted to camp on.  Regardless, I'd not recommend it at all - there are numerous opportunist thieves around and you might be in danger. 

• Like 2

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

As for the legal aspect, it would depend on who, if anyone,  owns the piece of land you wanted to camp on.  Regardless, I'd not recommend it at all - there are numerous opportunist thieves around and you might be in danger. 

Come on man, where is your sense of adventure? I plan to bring only the most essential items, such as a small gas kitchen for cooking and so on, which will it fit in a small back pack, so I can always keep an eye on it. I also plan on bringing a chain and a big padlock to lock the bike around some trees at least.

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, scott h said:

:571b119686cf7_1(72):

We should go camping together in the most remote main land beach we can find. It sounds like a real adventure. Where can we find the claymore mines?

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Just now, Edrigo Salvadore said:

most remote main land beach we can find.

Like i said earlier, almost all beach property is privately owned and if it is suitable for camping most likely being used as a resort. At least every area i have seen near large population centers. You could probably get permission if you found one, but be prepared to pay the owner for the privilege:thumbsup:

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

Come on man, where is your sense of adventure? I plan to bring only the most essential items, such as a small gas kitchen for cooking and so on, which will it fit in a small back pack, so I can always keep an eye on it. I also plan on bringing a chain and a big padlock to lock the bike around some trees at least.

Fill your boots my friend.  

• Hmm thinking 1

Edrigo Salvadore
Posted
Posted

I found some sources saying it is illegal for land owners to the block beach access to the six meter closest to the water. Is this usually upheld or not? I know that high end hotels in boracay block of their beaches, but I assume that is probably because of a lot of money.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't do it. Mosquitoes carry Dengue fever and Malaria. Mosquitoes in the PI are stealthy compared to the ones in North America. In America I can usually detect them as soon as they start to bite or even when they land on my skin. In the PI they are smaller and are usually gone before I know they have bitten me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

illegal for land owners to the block beach access to the six meter closest to the water.

Ill take your word for it. not worth the effort to look it up :hystery:

13 minutes ago, Edrigo Salvadore said:

but I assume that is probably because of a lot of money.

That and laws are selectively enforced here. If some one owns property along the coast and they decide to Block access to it. Unless someone very, very important got pissed off, little if anything would be done. I do know one thing, if your riding your bike along a dirt road and you see a trail leading to the beach, but it has a gate on it.............you would be very, very stupid to just open the gate and use the trail. :wait_80_anim_gif::hystery:

• Sad 1