I wonder if this will be announced- SRRV- Added info

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

What would the alternative be for them - marriage and a 13A for example or a tourist visa?

That was sort of my point, my guess is that there will be a carry over effect even after Covid where there is likely to be a shift from people seeking SRRV visas (at least the full fee paying ones) towards 13A and 9A visas.  

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
carbpow
Posted
Posted
On 8/14/2020 at 11:24 PM, carbpow said:

I'm in the process. I'll let you know the progress but thus far it seems to be progressing.

I finally got all my documents properly apostilled, physical, deposit etc completed and turned in the application in to the SRRV agent in Makati Wednesday.

I asked how long it would take and he said one month. Upon further questioning he said maybe 2 months due to....Covid 19.

We shall see. I'll keep folks posted.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, carbpow said:

I finally got all my documents properly apostilled, physical, deposit etc completed and turned in the application in to the SRRV agent in Makati Wednesday.

I asked how long it would take and he said one month. Upon further questioning he said maybe 2 months due to....Covid 19.

I only hope that your SRRV people there are as diligent and capable as those here in Davao City. I really cannot say enough positive about the staff here... Good luck, Carbpow!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 8/13/2020 at 8:46 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

... From Press Release:
The BI official explained that "the bottomline is that no foreigner can enter the country without a visa even if he is
married to a Filipino.  All of them must have a valid visa or they will be turned back upon arriving in our ports of entry."

Beyond every cloud is a silver lining.

From what I am reading here, iIt appears that foreigners who have "common law" relationships with a Filipina will not be allowed to visit the Philippines.  That means I can accompany my wife as far as Manila (when she comes to vist her family next year) but they will not let me off the plane.  Thus I will have to transit (in the secure area) to a plane to Thailand to go visit my friends there. :whistling:  Then I can come back when she is ready to return to Canada with me.  What a shame I shall have to do that.  I hope I can have fun there while waiting for her. :2245_safe:

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Beyond every cloud is a silver lining.

From what I am reading here, iIt appears that foreigners who have "common law" relationships with a Filipina will not be allowed to visit the Philippines.  That means I can accompany my wife as far as Manila (when she comes to vist her family next year) but they will not let me off the plane.  Thus I will have to transit (in the secure area) to a plane to Thailand to go visit my friends there. :whistling:  Then I can come back when she is ready to return to Canada with me.  What a shame I shall have to do that.  I hope I can have fun there while waiting for her. :2245_safe:

Yes break the bad news to your partner. Tell her it will only be about 5 years and you can return with her. :tiphat:

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 9/19/2020 at 6:57 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes break the bad news to your partner. Tell her it will only be about 5 years and you can return with her. :tiphat:

But what if she says "That's not really bad news" :hystery:

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On 9/18/2020 at 6:19 AM, carbpow said:

Wishing you luck that it may be done sooner than later.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/18/2020 at 9:19 PM, carbpow said:

My renewal took just one month back in June. So maybe yours will be relatively quick too. It sounds like you are getting good service there.

My initial application took one month also - back a year and a half ago. So far, it seems the only effect of virus on SRRV holders is the restriction to return to country right now? Let's all hope so.

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic