Eye test

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I gave myself an eye test as one eye feels like it's got grit in.. I closed one eye to do the test....Okay, my right eye that feels gritty, when I look at the PC monitor with the right eye only I can see clearly but when I use my reading glasses it is blurred.   

It's completely opposite with my left eye.

Looking at distance with my right eye blurred but with my left eye it's good, again opposite with my left eye. 

Never had any problems with my eye sight before apart from needing reading glasses.

Not sure the Filipino optician would understand me!

• Like 1

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

I'd go in and have it checked if it persists.

I've had repairable wet macular degeneration in both eyes and when that happens you get a gray blind spot in the center of your focus ( in my cases). 

The one time I had a "gritty" eye irritation, it was from a particle scratching my living lens surface. Was working under a vehicle with eyeglasses, but no goggles, and a rust particle fell onto my eye.  After irrigating it, it still felt gritty. At the bush clinic the emergecy doctor irrigated it again, took me into the closed optician's office and examined it with his equipment. Saw the cut or abrasion and told me that it would self heal very quickly since eyes are essential survival elements and nature gives it a high priority for self repairs.

Hope that helps to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Not sure the Filipino optician would understand me!

I would look at a back up like in the image below if I was you. :whistling:

guide dog.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have the same problem.  My dominant eye (right) is worse than my left.  Went to the optician and got the exam and new glasses.  Made the mistake of buying continuous grind trifocals.  Worse mistake ever, I hardly ever use them. :Mad:  The reason is that you have to point your "face" and look exactly at what you want to see otherwise it is blurry.  I move my "eyes", not my head to see, especially when reading.  Trying to read with them was like watching a tennis match from the front row.  I now buy cheap reading glasses that are best for the right eye.  I have considered buying two pair (one to match each eye strength) and popping out the lens to make one good pair.  Distant vision is not great but still tolerable, again the dominant eye is the one that is blurred.

I feel my distance sight improved when my reading sight deteriorated - or maybe my imagination as the difference narrowed. 

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Hi Jim

Hope by now you have had your eye sight checked out.

Best not to mess about, as scaring can occur if not quickly remedied :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Hi Jim

Hope by now you have had your eye sight checked out.

Best not to mess about, as scaring can occur if not quickly remedied :thumbsup:

Im sure he has.

• Haha 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 8/18/2020 at 10:00 PM, jimeve said:

.Okay, my right eye that feels gritty, when I look at the PC monitor with the right eye only I can see clearly but when I use my reading glasses it is blurred.   

It's completely opposite with my left eye.

Pop the glass out of the right side of your reading glasses.  Problem solved.  That'll be 500 pesos please. :9436:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Pop the glass out of the right side of your reading glasses.  Problem solved.  That'll be 500 pesos please. :9436:

I''ll send it in the post

• Haha 4