Eye test

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, longway said:

Same for me. My left does the reading (no glasses) the right is pretty good for far vision but not perfect (no glasses). I went to the Eye Dr and had him write a script for me for driving glasses which give me 20/20 in both eyes. I love them. Also for watching TV and movies. Single vision not progressives. One pair grey tinted for daytime outside and one pair clear for nightime and TV. BTw I am in my 70's. The Eyes are sooooo important.

I need surgery in the right eye(Cataract). The eye doctor at Siliman said 6 months ago. I have to sit 3 ft away from the TV if I want to see clearly.

So much in the last 12 months has deteriorated.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I need surgery in the right eye(Cataract). The eye doctor at Siliman said 6 months ago. I have to sit 3 ft away from the TV if I want to see clearly.

So much in the last 12 months has deteriorated.

Sorry to hear this Jim. Thankfully the procedures for this are routine and successful. When do you plan on having the procedure done? 

• Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
Just now, Old55 said:

Sorry to hear this Jim. Thankfully the procedures for this are routine and successful. When do you plan on having the procedure done? 

Not sure yet, I was thinking of having it done in the UK next summer Or having it done in Dumaguete after Christmas.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Not sure yet, I was thinking of having it done in the UK next summer Or having it done in Dumaguete after Christmas.

Good deal im. I did not mean to pry was just thinking of how it must be for you now being unable to see well.

My left eye vision has changed for the worse the past year or more I need to have it looked at. $$$$$ :unsure:

• Sad 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

56 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Good deal im. I did not mean to pry was just thinking of how it must be for you now being unable to see well.

My left eye vision has changed for the worse the past year or more I need to have it looked at. $$$$$ :unsure:

My MIL had cataract surgery here earlier in the year - I'm not sure if it was one or both eyes.  Cost was around 150K php.  Pretty routine procedure and no issues after.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Cost was around 150K php

Seems expensive for one eye, then it depends on the lens they place in.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, jimeve said:

Perhaps, on the other hand consider the value of good vision Jim. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 11/19/2022 at 6:29 PM, jimeve said:

I suspect it was both eyes but never really got much into the detail other than how much I was going to pay!  

• Like 2