S&R

insite
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

What do you mean "check the membership cards"?  I just looked at mine and it has nothing about this.  I renewed last November and it is good til Nov. 2020.

Prior to the FM passes being introduced here we shopped as a couple and were never asked for cards until we arrived at the till.

As the ECQ came into effect and only one was allowed out of the house you had to show a card before being admitted - after that was lifted it went back to the normal until yesterday. No you must show your card before being allowed into the shop - one card one entry.

• Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yeah right.

Big companies are finding it hard so do what you can to get a peso.

Sorry just tired of this crap so ignore me. A rule here, a law there. Different one 1 k up the road.  Bla delete everything I tried to say.

I hear you.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, insite said:

Prior to the FM passes being introduced here we shopped as a couple and were never asked for cards until we arrived at the till.

As the ECQ came into effect and only one was allowed out of the house you had to show a card before being admitted - after that was lifted it went back to the normal until yesterday. No you must show your card before being allowed into the shop - one card one entry.

As is the case with most things here, everything is location-dependant. We always had to show the card when entering the store but 1 card per family group was OK- there were 3 of us albeit one was a child.  I haven't been since Covid-19 so cannot comment on current situation.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, insite said:

I would be interested to see what the actual contract says.  I don't think I have mine.  

Gas
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

What do you mean "check the membership cards"?  I just looked at mine and it has nothing about this.  I renewed last November and it is good til Nov. 2020.

I said 'checked' the cards. Me and my wife became new members in November last year and we had two buy two memberships to go in at the same time. Complete waste of money  and time. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Gas said:

I said 'checked' the cards. Me and my wife became new members in November last year and we had two buy two memberships to go in at the same time. Complete waste of money  and time. 

I reread it and I see that you were referring to the date.  I first thought you meant it said on the card something about how many people could come in on the card.

Anybody have a copy of the paperwork we signed when we joined?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gas said:

Since last year there has been a one person per card policy. 

We became members on the 26th November 2019 and had to pay for two cards. 

Wish we hadn't bothered joining, as i wasn't impressed  with the the things that they stock. Big bags and tins of unhealthy foods. Then a lingering smell of food on your clothes for the rest of the day. 

The one person per card policy applies in that the person on the card must be the person paying.  You can't loan it to someone.  You can bring guests.

Members are welcome to bring their children and guests. However, only Members may purchase using his/her Membership Card.

http://www.snrshopping.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=223&Itemid=153

This has always been the practice at Membership Stores.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, insite said:

Yesterday at S&R my partner and I were told at security that only one person per card could enter apparently under the guise of CV precautions.

Right beside the security guard stopping us entering was a desk where they were selling new cards !

So two cannot enter on one card but the same two can enter on two cards if you simply cough up and buy a second card for the privilege of shopping with your wife   :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

This is BS.  If this is actually happening, they need to be reported to the Covid cops.

If some government authority made up a rule saying one person per card, and they are pushing new cards to get around it, they are in violating the rule.

However, I doubt that is the case.  It sounds like the manager made this up and he also needs to be reported.

Last time I went to S&R Dau was 4-6 weeks ago when things eased up.  They don't even ask to show cards at the entrance.  It is all about paying, then you show the card.  As already posted...

Members are welcome to bring their children and guests. However, only Members may purchase using his/her Membership Card.

http://www.snrshopping.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=223&Itemid=153

• Like 1

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

This is BS.  If this is actually happening, they need to be reported to the Covid cops.

If some government authority made up a rule saying one person per card, and they are pushing new cards to get around it, they are in violating the rule.

However, I doubt that is the case.  It sounds like the manager made this up and he also needs to be reported.

Last time I went to S&R Dau was 4-6 weeks ago when things eased up.  They don't even ask to show cards at the entrance.  It is all about paying, then you show the card.  As already posted...

Not any more - it was not the guard on a power trip - it was sign posted on the wall behind her.

Edited by insite

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, insite said:

Not any more - its was not the guard on a power trip - it was sign posted on the wall behind her.

I didn't mean the guard.  The store management.