S&R

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

I think S&R have really gone down hill the last year or so. They seem to have become a huge sari-sari store! Shelves piled high with cheap snacks, cans of Spam and sardines. The bread section only had pan de sal!!! No Florida Natural orange juice for months! I think we will not be renewing our membership when it expires. I have found that SM supermarket and especially Rustans now stock a much bigger range of western goods than S&R.

Actually, here in Davao the S & R usually had a decent variety of things. Our main purchases were the paper towels and toilet paper because the price was good and quality really good. Cleaning products were next on the list because it is the only place where I found good washing sponges and bulk detergents and cleaning chemicals. I rarely bought anything except cheese or tortillas from the coolers. They always had lots of baked goods, but I prefer, for instance, onion bagels over plain bagels - sure... call me choosy...

I find that Gaisano downtown seems to be the next best place to shop. They have a really good selection of foreign foods and almost always have my favourite veggie - asparagus!

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Heinze ketchup

Available every supermarket I have been in Cebu. 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Available every supermarket I have been in Cebu

It was supposed to be funny mate,,,,notice the emote....lighten up a little bit,,,,,life is to short:thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, scott h said:

It was supposed to be funny mate,,,,notice the emote....lighten up a little bit,,,,,life is to short:thumbsup:

Sorry, I am lightened up. Just thought you were saying it was not available. My mistake

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I find that Gaisano downtown seems to be the next best place to shop. They have a really good selection of foreign foods and almost always have my favourite veggie - asparagus!

You’re right. I forgot to mention Gaisano. They also have a good selection of western goods. 

• Like 1

softail
Posted
Posted
On 8/21/2020 at 12:42 AM, Gas said:

This was S&R Santa Rosa and definitely last year as i checked the membership cards. Probably it took a few months to get the memo to their southern branches!

My wife and I last visited the S&R in Santa Rosa last March and had no problem with both of us entering on one card.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, softail said:

My wife and I last visited the S&R in Santa Rosa last March and had no problem with both of us entering on one card.

Late March is when I think many things changed around us.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, softail said:

Last March, me, my wife and son were able to go out together to a shopping mall without wearing masks and welders face shields - life has changed a bit in these 5 months.

• Like 1

Avalon
Posted
Posted

I shop at S&R Dau and they have the same policy.  They also bar those over 60 from entering - I turned 60 in May - so when I enter and the guard asks me I tell him "55" and keep walking.  I keep fit and take a zillion supplements and don't look 60 which helps but it's annoying.

Biggest problem is they limit entry and have a long queue seated outside - so my wife and I go there less now and early Monday morning.  I only go because they have a great selection of Aussie red wine and hard to get scotch whisky like Auchentoshan.  The Aussie beef is good and they have Fever Tree Indian Tonic Water and real Gordons Gin.

Some here have commented on the growing amount of sari-sari type products.  Guess that had to happen when they were boughtby Puregold   :-)

• Like 1