Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Here, it seems to mix the two.

I think everybody involved works on a commission basis!  :whistling:

• Haha 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Just irritates me them referring to the victim as a woman, when HE was a man.  

If we're talking legalities and court cases leading to lengthy sentences, etc, let's just be accurate on ALL counts. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Joey G said:

any military personnel in jail overseas for civilian crimes.

It is all part of the status of forces agreement SOFA. If the civilian jails are on par or up to the standards of US jails/prisons then they serve their time there. So for example if this happened in  the UK or Australia he would serve in civilian jail if it happened in Germany or Korea he would be sentenced by the civilian court and serve in a Military jail in country.  The US has none here and the jails are below standard so this is what happened. And yes i believe the guards are attached to the embassy.

8 hours ago, Joey G said:

I would hope dishonorable discharge... but either bad conduct or dishonorable will make his life tough from here on out.

You can count on it,,,but in 10 years he can apply to have it downgraded............and they usually are granted,,,unfortunately 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Maybe not over for him yet.

Philippine court to hear appeal against early release of U.S. Marine convicted of killing transgender woman

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-philippines-usa-transgender/philippine-court-to-hear-appeal-against-early-release-of-us-marine-convicted-of-killing-transgender-woman-idUSKBN25U0SA

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Philippine court to hear appeal against early release of U.S. Marine convicted of killing transgender woman   MAN

irked.gif

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I see the family are trying to put a stop to his release.  I'd give them 7 days to return the blood money then think about it.  In my eyes they've already sold their souls. 

• Like 5

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

In my eyes they've already sold their souls. 

It depends upon how the amount was calculated, if it was a payment for loss of earning potential over the life of the person then I don't see that as 'selling their souls' but if it was originally a deal to get a shorter sentence then IMHO they should not be going back on the deal.

I have not idea which applies.

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

It depends upon how the amount was calculated, if it was a payment for loss of earning potential over the life of the person then I don't see that as 'selling their souls' but if it was originally a deal to get a shorter sentence then IMHO they should not be going back on the deal.

I have not idea which applies.

Alternatively Geoff, the family may have agreed to the amount based on a particular sentence and feel that a shorter sentence served should equal a higher payment - like an arithmetic equation.

• Hmm thinking 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many 'bar fines' it was based on...allowing for inflation of course ?  :89:   

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Alternatively Geoff, the family may have agreed to the amount based on a particular sentence and feel that a shorter sentence served should equal a higher payment - like an arithmetic equation.

According to the Wiki article, the sentence was 6-10, and he served 6.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1