Electric Warm Showers v Standard Cold Showers

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Nothing to stop you running the cables for an electric shower and just leaving a banking plate hiding them. Fit one with all that's needed for a hot shower and see if it books out more if advertised with the hot shower. 

I was close to spending silly money updating my apartment until common sense kicked in and I realised I was pretty much fully booked as it stood. 

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Nothing to stop you running the cables for an electric shower and just leaving a banking plate hiding them. Fit one with all that's needed for a hot shower and see if it books out more if advertised with the hot shower. 

I was close to spending silly money updating my apartment until common sense kicked in and I realised I was pretty much fully booked as it stood. 

My hot showers won't work unless there is a decent water presser. That is why I have a compressor. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

My hot showers won't work unless there is a decent water presser. That is why I have a compressor. 

Same here, Jim.  My old Aerogaz one did but the water trickled out at scalding temperature - not safe!

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Total waste of money...IMO.  Bucket and tabo will be fine. 

Who needs a warm/hot shower in the tropics ffsake ?   :whatever:

Advertise it as an adventure holiday....not that any foreigners will be travelling anytime soon.  :sad:

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, graham59 said:

Who needs a warm/hot shower in the tropics ffsake ? 

Ummm . .  people who are paying for the accomodation?

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

Who needs a warm/hot shower in the tropics ffsake ?   :whatever:

I do, because I really hate a cold shower in the morning, hahahaha.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, graham59 said:

Total waste of money...IMO.  Bucket and tabo will be fine. 

Respectfully disagree with you this time, Graham...

I love taking an almost scalding hot shower when living in a cool climate. But not so much here.

However, yeah...sometimes I am a bit extravagant, but it is nice to turn on AC, then take at least a warm shower. I feel cleaner somehow, whether that is really true or not. I feel like a hot or warm shower sloughs off the sweat and body oils and leaves me more fresh. But I cannot take even a warm shower if the AC is not on, because the moment I step out, I start to sweat and feel like I never did take a shower...

Sometimes I cheat and take the warm shower without using AC, then just sit in front of a fan so that I don't sweat... I guess I am a bit spoiled?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I will take a cold shower if that's the only option but a heater (even if just to take the chill off the cold water) is better.

It depends upon how much I'm paying, if it's a cheap room in a cheap resort (we're bringing the family) then ok I can live with cold showers but if it's western prices then I definitely expect a warm shower. 

• Like 2

Darren_UK
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the replies and advice, lots to take into consideration. 

Does anyone know how much in total this will cost me? The Panosonic showers are 7500 each so that’s 22,500. The builder has told me he will buy cables etc and install but how much is the water pressure booster pump, heaters, compressor etc?

What will the total price be? Just an estimate to give me an idea. 
Thanks! 
  • Like 1