Super Typhoon GONI (ROLLY)

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

On the weather radar, it looks like it has started to head northwest.  We are getting winds and rain from the south.  Looks like we will get our hardest winds around mid night or so.  

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

123390214_10225815287239548_262670171525

Different possible tracks of Typhoon Goni.

123450059_10225815287679559_129832489504

Possible track of Typhoon Atsani.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Yeochief said:

On the weather radar, it looks like it has started to head northwest.  We are getting winds and rain from the south.  Looks like we will get our hardest winds around mid night or so.  

Be safe there, Chief!

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Always.  Only got 4, drank two already.  Watching the rain coming down, expect heavy rain later.  Little wind right now, but expect to increase later on in the day.  

Only 2 beers OK I will visit @Jack Petersonhe has some.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, jimeve said:

#ROLLY) 1st November

That was a big fierce storm, I hope not too many people badly affected.

• Like 4

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

We are very blessed that it missed us.  I know how long it takes for recovery in the States, has to be longer here.  Stay safe.

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
On 11/1/2020 at 1:59 AM, OnMyWay said:

I was just looking at the models again and they are varying a lot.  The one I like at Pagasa is not updated this morning.  Maybe at 11 am.

Stay safe!

The direction was very erratic and when we lost power mid morning i presumed it was still heading towards us and we would take a direct hit around 8pm.  In the end there was some strong wind and rain mid afternoon that petered out in the evening. 

Seems Catanduanes took the brunt of the storm and my heart goes out to the victims. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Gas said:

The direction was very erratic and when we lost power mid morning i presumed it was still heading towards us and we would take a direct hit around 8pm.  In the end there was some strong wind and rain mid afternoon that petered out in the evening. 

Seems Catanduanes took the brunt of the storm and my heart goes out to the victims. 

Glad to hear that you are fine there.  The forecasting was the worst I have ever seen.  I know that it is not an exact science, but I have never seen them move the track from north to south then north then south.  Almost seem like a human error or computer error.

@Onemore52 is in Daet, very close to the first landfall.  I hope you are all ok there.  Let us know when you are back online.

• Like 2

Yeochief
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

but I have never seen them move the track from north to south then north then south.  Almost seem like a human error or computer error.

That is normal for a hurricane track in the Gulf of Mexico back in the States.  When they show it on the weather channel it seems like there is a bunch of tracks that are shown.  It is hard to tell with the ocean temperature and it is also so easy to bump it off course once it hits land. 

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2020 at 7:27 PM, OnMyWay said:

Glad to hear that you are fine there.  The forecasting was the worst I have ever seen.  I know that it is not an exact science, but I have never seen them move the track from north to south then north then south.  Almost seem like a human error or computer error.

@Onemore52 is in Daet, very close to the first landfall.  I hope you are all ok there.  Let us know when you are back online.

Thanks for the thought but unfortunately I am in Melbourne, Australia without any idea when I can get back, or even will there be any visas handed out.

I did talk to my partner yesterday when the power came back on, and of course the house got flooded internally from the leaking roof which I mentioned in another post.

I have to hand it to the electricity people that had the power back on within a couple of days, no mean feat considering the destruction, so credit when it is due.

Cheers

• Like 3