Post Dated Checks

Shady
Posted
Posted
On 11/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, Gandang Smile said:

Philippine banks including mine (Unionbank) have mobile apps that allow to make payments to other banks via at least two major payment gateways (see screen below).

What's the reason for using payment gateways instead of direct bank-to-bank transfers?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Shady said:

What's the reason for using payment gateways instead of direct bank-to-bank transfers?

This may be specific to my bank, or no longer true, but when I wanted to make a large transfer from my bank a/c to my wife's (different bank) there was no system to do so - I was incredulous! The options were cash or cheque.  This was about 9 months ago. 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, hk blues said:

This may be specific to my bank, or no longer true, but when I wanted to make a large transfer from my bank a/c to my wife's (different bank) there was no system to do so - I was incredulous! The options were cash or cheque.  This was about 9 months ago. 

Perhaps I am talking out of school here (it would not be the first time and certainly not the last!)... but PNB, which is my current bank for US$ and peso accunts, also offers online transfers to other banks, according to the online instructions I have seen...

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, Tommy T. said:

Perhaps I am talking out of school here (it would not be the first time and certainly not the last!)... but PNB, which is my current bank for US$ and peso accunts, also offers online transfers to other banks, according to the online instructions I have seen...

Yes...online transfers Tom.  But, I was not able to do the transfer online as I didn't have online banking 9 months ago and regardless, the transfer amount was well in excess of the maximum allowable amount.  So, only option was in-branch and they weren't able to do it.  As I say, I was incredulous! 

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Yes...online transfers Tom.  But, I was not able to do the transfer online as I didn't have online banking 9 months ago and regardless, the transfer amount was well in excess of the maximum allowable amount.  So, only option was in-branch and they weren't able to do it.  As I say, I was incredulous! 

Yeah... I hear you... sorry that you had to hassle with that. I am about to open an accont with BDO so that I can pay all my accounts online... I will let you know how that all goes...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... I hear you... sorry that you had to hassle with that. I am about to open an accont with BDO so that I can pay all my accounts online... I will let you know how that all goes...

Here we are off the topic again... my bad!!!

The idea is to be able to online transfer between banks so I don't have to physically go to either one to make payments...

Edited by Tommy T.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Here we are off the topic again... my bad!!!

The idea is to be able to online transfer between banks so I don't have to physically go to either one to make payments...

Yes, but again Tom, even if I had had online banking then I would not have been able to do it as the transfer amount was well above the max allowed.  

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

Yes, but again Tom, even if I had had online banking then I would not have been able to do it as the transfer amount was well above the max allowed.  

Ah... I see... sometimes the system here seems to be a thow-back to a few dozen years ago? 
Sorry for your hassles...

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I can only pay about 30% of my bills online - Globe and Cignal are fine but Philhealth/Water Company/Electric Company/My HOA do not offer such a facility.  So, online banking here is not the fix-all it might be in our respective countries. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

So, online banking here is not the fix-all it might be in our respective countries. 

Understood and agreed, HK...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 1