Methods For A Foreigner To Enter The Philippines, Effective December 7th, 2020

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

No.  I have no wife but I am the father of a Filipino child (minor) so I will have to leave the Philippines when my time is up but I can return under the present rules.

Your situation is different than many on a tourist visa so lucky for you but if no child you would not be comming back at the present time. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Your situation is different than many on a tourist visa so lucky for you but if no child you would not be comming back at the present time. 

So, two choices if they want to leave and be able to come back.  Get married, or have a kid.  Hopefully both!

• Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

So, two choices if they want to leave and be able to come back.  Get married, or have a kid.  Hopefully both!

Yes generally if just on a tourist visa and my answer is regarding Dave's question.

And Again at the present time only.

Obviously if you have been living here and your 3 years are up then unless you can secure an extension you are meant to leave but tourist are not allowed into the country unless like Eddie's situation so take a visa run and it's goodbye until next round of changes. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No need to worry, she has the ability to lick herself where many dont. :laugh:

Obviously not asking her nicely enough. :whistling:

• Haha 1

DaveB
Posted
Posted

Thanks, OnMyWay and JollyGood Fellow...I was just going to start checking on the latest in the "entering the Philippines" topic and glad I started here - great synopsis.  

I've been here a couple months now.  Finally got a one year lease on a house and struggled through the Wif Fi arrangements, so I don't have to use my phone as a mobile hot spot any more (very painful).  I'll post a little synopsis of "lessons for a rookie" later in another site topic.

For now, heading out on December 15 for Christmas in the US.   If I can avoid the COVID mess there, I'll be coming back mid January.  I'm traveling in and out on a 9A visa with multiple reentries up to 12 months - meaning I can come and go through immigration multiple times, but each time starts a new 59 day clock that needs to be renewed.  Couple weeks ago, I had to go extend my current stay duration while I slog along on the 13A trail.  Finally getting my NBI clearance on Monday, then hope to submit my 13A package, but it somewhat depends on their process.  Might turn out to be better to wait until I get back in January.

For now...still working the 9A, and traveling accompanied by my Filipina spouse

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Thanks, OnMyWay and JollyGood Fellow...I was just going to start checking on the latest in the "entering the Philippines" topic and glad I started here - great synopsis.  

I've been here a couple months now.  Finally got a one year lease on a house and struggled through the Wif Fi arrangements, so I don't have to use my phone as a mobile hot spot any more (very painful).  I'll post a little synopsis of "lessons for a rookie" later in another site topic.

For now, heading out on December 15 for Christmas in the US.   If I can avoid the COVID mess there, I'll be coming back mid January.  I'm traveling in and out on a 9A visa with multiple reentries up to 12 months - meaning I can come and go through immigration multiple times, but each time starts a new 59 day clock that needs to be renewed.  Couple weeks ago, I had to go extend my current stay duration while I slog along on the 13A trail.  Finally getting my NBI clearance on Monday, then hope to submit my 13A package, but it somewhat depends on their process.  Might turn out to be better to wait until I get back in January.

For now...still working the 9A, and traveling accompanied by my Filipina spouse

Dave, I think when you come back, as long as you are traveling with your wife, you will now be able to avail of the Balikbayan privilege, and stay for one year without worrying about 9A renewals, etc.  By that time you will probably get your 13a.

Where did you end up finding a house ?

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, I think when you come back, as long as you are traveling with your wife, you will now be able to avail of the Balikbayan privilege, and stay for one year without worrying about 9A renewals, etc.  By that time you will probably get your 13a.

Where did you end up finding a house ?

I wonder though if you need to get a visa first before you leave since travel without a visa is suspended, the Balikbayan is only issued at immigration upon arrival. Since he already has a 9a it's moot but what if you don't have one.