Methods For A Foreigner To Enter The Philippines, Effective December 7th, 2020

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, DaveB said:

Well, you do bring up something...but I may be OK.  Originally I was reading their requirement for the BI and noting that it says "6 months from first entry" into the country.  Since I entered (this time) on Oct 5, and was working this the first time on Oct 28th, didn't think I needed a BI.  But it turned out, "first entry" means the first time you were ever here.  For me that meant, February, 1987.  So I had to get the BI.  One of those little details that don't jump out at you the way things are written.  

With that in mind, I think my BI will still be good if I'm not successful in submitting my 13a application on Monday...but you bring up a good point: perhaps reentering triggers a new BI.  If I still have some problem, and have to plan on submitting when I get back in January, I'll thank you for setting me up to ask a question that would not have occurred to me.  And if I need a new BI...oh well.  Why not?

I'm not sure If I asked this before, but are you allowed to leave the country whilst your application is in process. I ask because when I processed mine in Hong Kong the rules specifically stated your application would he halted if you left the country. 

Might be different here and now but just a thought.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

are you allowed to leave the country whilst your application is in process.

BI say No, this is because there may be something additional that they need from you and may call you back in to talk to them and /or sign something missed but as always YMMV

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

BI say No, this is because there may be something additional that they need from you and may call you back in to talk to them and /or sign something missed but as always YMMV

Thanks Jack - that ties in with what they advised me. I'm not sure how rigid this is, and if they would even bother to check but, as you say, something might come up and they request you attend a meeting.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Thanks Jack - that ties in with what they advised me. I'm not sure how rigid this is, and if they would even bother to check but, as you say, something might come up and they request you attend a meeting.

Mine was a lucky thing, Had I left the country it would have been a stopped process as it turned out that my NBI Clearance had errors that needed my attention ASAP and of course if I had been out of the Country I could not have gone to NBI to clear things up. Just because we pay for the process, it is not until it gets to manila and the Big boy Lawyers  have a look that things  are indeed scrutinized and mistakes are  found 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a small piece
  • Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
On 12/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, OnMyWay said:

I can't think of why you would need a visa to leave.  The 9A is about entering.  Maybe an ECC to leave, but otherwise everything is driven by the destination country rules.  Unless I am missing something.

I was talking about leaving from the US, sorry.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Got our fingers crossed for you Dave. Hopefully you ate some bad Balut or something.

DaveB
Posted
Posted

Test came back negative on Friday...flew to the states on Saturday.  At least for a few golden moments I could revel in the fact that, for one, am disease free.  We'll see if I can keep it that way as I had to lay over in LAX.  Airports were pretty empty, and my wife and are anomalies - we're used to wearing face shields so we just kept wearing them.

• Like 5

Yeochief
Posted
DaveB
Posted
Posted

Well, folks....anyone up to date on an announcement that travelers from the US are now denied entry until January 15?  I'm being advised of it from various sources, including a government official interview video - and JAL has called us and advised our flight back won't be allowed as it originates in the US.  Also have heard transit transfers in Japan are being denied entry.  But as usual, I can find nothing up to date on the BI webites.  They're usually out of date on a good day - and the holiday intrusion has probably left them dormant until next week.

What I THINK I know:  the new COVID strains have caused diverse countries to be added to a list where travelers are denied entry if the flight originates in one of them.  Then yesterday, the US has been added to the list.  Policy is in place until Jan 15...but I'm highly skeptical it will be that simple or the date will stand.   If they're concerned about the new strains, not sure why they'd be less concerned two weeks from now.  Right now it all feels like the usual Filipino government approach to things: concern over an issue causes a blanket, simplistic, across the board decision.  Then they sort out the ramifications and impacts and actual details.  Then they start amending the original decision wherever the reality check rears its ugly head.  So right now, I seem to be caught in the early stages of Phase one of the process.

For now, I'm just sitting back and waiting for further direction.  I hope over the next couple weeks new guidance comes out.  Gonna hang out in my elder daughter's spare bedroom while I wait and see.  I'm betting my money that the next thing I hear is that travelers from the US can enter only if they can show a recent COVID test.  The betting pool is now open for anyone else who wants to place a bet on any other changes coming.  Second place on my personal guess list is you can come in only if you have a vaccination certificate.  

All out of my hands for the time being - watch and see.  Can't do anything else, except to keep up the rent payments on my Angele City house lease.

• Like 2