Another ALLEGED foreign pedo picked up. Anyone know this Cebu resident ?

Terry P
Posted
Posted (edited)

Or rather it would be if I could figure out how to get attachments on here.

Added Dan 0830 12-14;

Hi Terry, I sometimes struggle posting copied online pictures. In this case I copied to my PICTURES the used the posting tool; Drag Files Here To Attach, Or Choose Files. Doing that almost always works for me. I'm sure one of the mods can proved better instructions. 

Edited by Old55
Add information

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Not taking sides here but obviously he is Alleged here for crimes committed but the US side is a Warrant so he must have been found Guilty there, either he was present and was out on bail or found guilty in his absence if he flew over to the Philippines to escape, but to have your Passport cancelled tells a Larger picture methinks :89:

I agree with you Jack.

Here's a quote 12-11-2020 Cebu Star;

December 11, 2020

A 55-YEAR-OLD American fugitive and alleged sex offender was arrested in a joint operation conducted by operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)-Central Visayas and Bureau of Immigration (BI) in his house in Barangay San Roque, Ginatilan, Cebu on Thursday afternoon, December 10, 2020.

Special Investigator Maria Contessa Lastimoso, media liaison of the NBI-Central Visayas, said Donald Robert Tyler is the subject of a warrant of arrest dated November 4, 2019 and issued by the Circuit Court of the State of Oregon for Sodomy in the First Degree. 

End

Bold and Italics by me.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1879710/Cebu/Local-News/American-sex-offender-nabbed-in-Ginatilan?fbclid=IwAR1onvy8_Pk3ifLHXXXDzoSaSwVL6-bjia3FKC5Lcpv5MygpcRQ0pBETuXQ

Edited by Old55

earthdome
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I agree with you Jack.

Here's a quote 12-11-2020 Cebu Star;

December 11, 2020

A 55-YEAR-OLD American fugitive and alleged sex offender was arrested in a joint operation conducted by operatives of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)-Central Visayas and Bureau of Immigration (BI) in his house in Barangay San Roque, Ginatilan, Cebu on Thursday afternoon, December 10, 2020.

Special Investigator Maria Contessa Lastimoso, media liaison of the NBI-Central Visayas, said Donald Robert Tyler is the subject of a warrant of arrest dated November 4, 2019 and issued by the Circuit Court of the State of Oregon for Sodomy in the First Degree. 

End

Bold and Italics by me.

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1879710/Cebu/Local-News/American-sex-offender-nabbed-in-Ginatilan?fbclid=IwAR1onvy8_Pk3ifLHXXXDzoSaSwVL6-bjia3FKC5Lcpv5MygpcRQ0pBETuXQ

From this it looks like an arrest warrant was issued but he could not be arrested because he was in the Philippines. No mention of whether he had fled to the Philippines just prior to the arrest warrant being issued. As someone else stated he is innocent until proven guilty and the story does not mention any details of his alleged crime. It may very well be that he is a child predator who fled to the Philippines to avoid arrest but there is not yet enough information to reach that conclusion.

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

There's his mugshot

Someone must know him on here.

Edited a mugshot for Terry

673F99F7-31D9-44F2-88A5-0C8130831C65.jpeg

Thanks old

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, earthdome said:

From this it looks like an arrest warrant was issued but he could not be arrested because he was in the Philippines. No mention of whether he had fled to the Philippines just prior to the arrest warrant being issued. As someone else stated he is innocent until proven guilty and the story does not mention any details of his alleged crime. It may very well be that he is a child predator who fled to the Philippines to avoid arrest but there is not yet enough information to reach that conclusion.

Warrant issued 4 Nov

Immediately leaves the country

Arrives in Cebu a week later via Thailand

That seems pretty conclusive to me

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, TerryP said:

Warrant issued 4 Nov

Immediately leaves the country

Arrives in Cebu a week later via Thailand

That seems pretty conclusive to me

That answers that question. Now for someone to dig up details about the alleged crime.

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, earthdome said:

That answers that question. Now for someone to dig up details about the alleged crime.

Be handy earthdome I'm sure there's someone on here with Oregon connections

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Now for someone to dig up details about the alleged crime.

Detective Google will tell you that the specific charge is for sodomy with an under 12 year old.  There is not much other info out there to find.

The mugshots are from BI Philippines.  There is nothing available connected to a search of American sites.  ALL the news about this guy comes from Philippine sources.  It starts to sound suspicious,  How so?  Well I would expect an American news source to pick up on this and they have not.  My suspicious nature has me thinking how easy it would be for a vicious ex wife to drop a dime to the right people and say "child abuse".  The liberals are all over that!

So it is still an alleged crime but it will be enough to have him dragged back to the US and blacklisted from the Philippines.

• Like 1

Terry P
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Detective Google will tell you that the specific charge is for sodomy with an under 12 year old.  There is not much other info out there to find.

The mugshots are from BI Philippines.  There is nothing available connected to a search of American sites.  ALL the news about this guy comes from Philippine sources.  It starts to sound suspicious,  How so?  Well I would expect an American news source to pick up on this and they have not.  My suspicious nature has me thinking how easy it would be for a vicious ex wife to drop a dime to the right people and say "child abuse".  The liberals are all over that!

So it is still an alleged crime but it will be enough to have him dragged back to the US and blacklisted from the Philippines.

Fair point Dave

Would it not also be fair to presume that if there had been some dime dropped by this vicious ex wife that the American press would have been crawling all over the injustice meted out to one of their own citizens especially if Philippines authorities claim the US have cancelled his passport named a specific court and the US have requested his return bearing in mind this alleged crime was committed in the US

I'm sure American journalism reads detective Google also

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, TerryP said:

Philippines authorities claim the US have cancelled his passport named a specific court

And yet there is nothing online, that I can find, from the American authorities or that specific court.  Thus we cannot even be sure that his passport was cancelled and my past experience with Philippine reporting leads me to doubt it in the extreme.  But that's just me.

In the one case I recall where we had a member who was guilty of a crime in Las Vegas (murdering his Filipina wife and returning to the Philippines) it was all over both medias.  I think you will notice that US media is reluctant to pick up and repost Philippine stories without proof if they may result in libel suits.