Mexican actor/director exposes Fauci misinformation

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

"Fauci Misinformation" in the title is wrong because it implies a deliberate attempt to share a falsehood.  It could be possible Fauci is mistaken, but even this is highly unlikely when compared with statements by an actor trying to get publicity.  By the way, anyone ever heard of Eugenio Derbez before this posting?

• Love it 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

I'm trying wrap my head around how Fauci has 20 minutes to spare ....doing one on one interviews with anyone?????  :bonk:

• Thanks 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Joey G said:

I'm trying wrap my head around how Fauci has 20 minutes to spare ....doing one on one interviews with anyone?????  :bonk:

Eugenio Derbez is not "anyone"...

"Derbez is recognized as one of the most influential creative forces to emerge from Latin America, and one of the most beloved and recognized actors in the Latinx community in the United States. Variety named Derbez as the most influential Hispanic male in the world, and he has been named the top social media influencer in Latin America for the previous two years with more than 37 million followers.   As a movie star and producer, his last three starring vehicles have been box office hits."

https://hispanicheritage.org/eugenio-derbez-to-receive-hispanic-heritage-award-for-film-october-1st-at-john-f-kennedy-center-for-the-performing-arts/

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Explorer said:

5 years study, 10 years study, does it really matter? Do you think anything changed in the last few years?

I think there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Explorer said:

Eugenio Derbez is not "anyone"...

"Derbez is recognized as one of the most influential creative forces to emerge from Latin America, and one of the most beloved and recognized actors in the Latinx community in the United States. Variety named Derbez as the most influential Hispanic male in the world, and he has been named the top social media influencer in Latin America for the previous two years with more than 37 million followers.   As a movie star and producer, his last three starring vehicles have been box office hits."

https://hispanicheritage.org/eugenio-derbez-to-receive-hispanic-heritage-award-for-film-october-1st-at-john-f-kennedy-center-for-the-performing-arts/

I am thinking it would be better to hear from Jennifer Lopez.  Latina, good looking, actress, AND SHE HAS 147.3 MILLION FOLLOWERS.   Far more credible in my opinion. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

"Fauci Misinformation" in the title is wrong because it implies a deliberate attempt to share a falsehood.  It could be possible Fauci is mistaken, but even this is highly unlikely when compared with statements by an actor trying to get publicity.  By the way, anyone ever heard of Eugenio Derbez before this posting?

Regardless who he is you can't dismiss his questioning went deeper than most interviewers.  Most of his questions were pertinent and showed how you can use words to hide possible issues. Many so called VIP's have a PR team that sift through questions to ensure there's nothing difficult to answer or they will refuse the interview.  I've seen many a celebrity storm off once caught out. 

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

I am thinking it would be better to hear from Jennifer Lopez.  Latina, good looking, actress, AND SHE HAS 147.3 MILLION FOLLOWERS.   Far more credible in my opinion. :tongue:

Not sure what you are trying to say here, this is not popularity contest, Fauci accepted the interview assuming that Derbez would treat him as the American MSM usually does – with kids gloves. It did not work that way. Instead, Derbez lobbied one sharp question after another – and did not settle for non-answers.

So what Jennifer Lopez can bring to the table? Another interview towing the line of big pharma and big media?

Edited by Explorer

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Explorer said:
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

fauci_derbez.jpg

• Love it 2

Explorer
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, JJReyes said:

"Fauci Misinformation" in the title is wrong because it implies a deliberate attempt to share a falsehood.  It could be possible Fauci is mistaken, but even this is highly unlikely when compared with statements by an actor trying to get publicity.

Viking
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Explorer said:

Not sure what you are trying to say here, this is not popularity contest, Fauci accepted the interview assuming that Derbez would treat him as the American MSM usually does – with kids gloves. It did not work that way. Instead, Derbez lobbied one sharp question after another – and did not settle for non-answers.

So what Jennifer Lopez can bring to the table? Another interview towing the line of big pharma and big media?

You are the one highlighting the part, saying he was the top social media influencer in Latin America with 37 million followers. I think Mike was very clear in his answer. Credibility is not measured on how many followers you have :thumbsup:.

With that said I must admit that I am starting to get very confused about this corona situation, it is absolutely not an easy thing to find out what is right or wrong, true or false! I am tired of it now, I think I will get my fishingrod and go trying to catch myself a trout :tiphat: 

Have a good day everyone! 

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic