Vaccine or No Vaccine

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I have no idea how the vaccinations are being rolled out in PI, whether they're free or not, or which vaccinations are being used, and a lot hinges on those things and what can or cannot be implemented

Only for health workers at the moment. Free for them. Those health workers accepting the vaccine is much lower than expected but might change now that they allowed another other type than the China vaccine. Somewhere I read at the current rate or even if the rate per day increases it could be 40 years by the time they get through everyone. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I am curious to know how others are thinking on this topic.  

I would say that eventually only those vaccinated will be allowed to travel and will stay that way forever.

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, fred said:

Sounds like something one sector of society were forced to endure in 1939 in Nazi Germany.
What mark can we place on the disgusting unwashed this time in order to segregate them efficiently from decent upstanding citizens and residence?? 
A yellow star?

Strange to use Nazi Germany as a comparison because the pioneer in Covid-19 segregation is Israel.  Most within their Orthodox communities are refusing the vaccine.  You need a Green Pass (proof of vaccination) to enter many shopping malls and similar establishment.  It is up to you to label this as Punishment or Protective Measure.

On the other side, Texas, Mississippi and other conservative state governors are crying, "Freedom!" by removing all restrictions including mandatory masks and the limited seating in restaurants.  A woman enters a bank in Texas without a mask and she was told to put on a mask or leave the premises.  She refused to do both.  The police is called and the woman was arrested.  The bank is a private business and they can have their own rules.  Similarly, major corporations are having their lawyers rewrite employment contracts requiring vaccination.   

If the practice of segregating the "disgusting unwashed" is offensive, then the Philippines is the wrong country.  All those security guards at the entrance of McDonalds, Mercury Drugs and other places are hired to keep out a certain group.  I am told some of the shotguns are not loaded because they might accidently hurt someone.  Those security guards will also smile and open the door for you if you look like a "decent upstanding citizens."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm still at the stage where I don't know how they can say that the vaccine is making x difference or not.

Congregate living and nursing homes account for 1% to 2% of the total US population.  However, the estimate is up to 40% of all Covid-19 deaths in 2020 came from these facilities.  There are no exact numbers because many elderly were rushed to hospitals.  If death occurred, do you record it as nursing home or hospital?  Andrew Como, governor of New York, is in trouble because they were fudging the numbers claiming it was mostly hospital.  Como is also involved in a sex scandal, but that is another story.

Congregate living and nursing homes were given the same priority as healthcare providers for the vaccine.  The number of deaths attribute to Covid-19 have dropped to near zero.  Yes.  The vaccines work.

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Similarly, major corporations are having their lawyers rewrite employment contracts requiring vaccination.   

Im sure the insurance companies won’t be far behind in rewriting policies limiting coverage. Get the vaccine and you’ll be fully covered, otherwise benefits / coverage will be limited or you won’t be covered at all. They already have similar clauses in place in Florida and, as far as I know, most other states as well. If you’re not wearing a seatbelt and get into a crash (regardless of fault), then you’re benefits are severely limited. 

As a side note, I have an appointment tomorrow morning (Tuesday)to get the first shot......Moderna vaccine. I’m sure it’ll be a requirement for traveling and, as I’m one of those evil smokers, I fall into a higher risk category, so I’ll get the vaccine as I’d rather be safe then sorry. 

• Like 4

fred
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Strange to use Nazi Germany as a comparison because the pioneer in Covid-19 segregation is Israel.

Yes.. Isn't that ironic!
Gives me goosepimples.

23 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

If the practice of segregating the "disgusting unwashed" is offensive, then the Philippines is the wrong country.  All those security guards at the entrance of McDonalds, Mercury Drugs and other places are hired to keep out a certain group.  I am told some of the shotguns are not loaded because they might accidently hurt someone.  Those security guards will also smile and open the door for you if you look like a "decent upstanding citizens."

If DOLE have already put out an advisory that Employers can not make vaccinations a mandatory requirement for it`s Employees ,then what would be the point of an un vaccinated security guard asking it`s customers for a Covid vac passport in order to enter??
Don`t you think that would be a bit pointless?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fred said:

If DOLE have already put out an advisory that Employers can not make vaccinations a mandatory requirement for it`s Employees ,then what would be the point of an un vaccinated security guard asking it`s customers for a Covid vac passport in order to enter??
Don`t you think that would be a bit pointless?

Philippines has a long way to go with vaccinations.  After one week, only 30,000 had received the first jab.  Small compared to a population of over 100 million.  The Russian Sputnik V has just been approved.  Similar reluctance to the Sino vaccine, I suspect a lot of people are waiting for the availability of Pfizer, Moderna and Astra-Zeneca.  The debate will continue on a global basis driven by politics rather than science.  For me, what's important is my wife and I are vaccinated as well as other immediate family members except those in the family who are 18 years and under.  I am waiting to hear from those who are in the Philippines.  Perhaps the situation and rules will improve by Christmas allowing us to do a long stay visit.   

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I hope thing will improve by Christmas too, I'll admit I was one of those cynical people knocking Sputnik and Chinses vaccine, but to date I haven't heard of any adverse reaction to them, maybe politics clouded the reasoning and science might be swaying my judgement as it should. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I am waiting to hear from those who are in the Philippines. 

Our general plan now, if the US news and politicians are to be believed :whistling: and the jabs are widely to be available in June we would travel to the states for our delayed visit and get poked. 

Our only caveat would be if there are still quarantine requirements upon return to the Philippines, even if you have proof of vaccination. If that is the case we will just wait. 

• Like 4

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic