Vaccine or No Vaccine

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/9/2021 at 1:47 PM, hk blues said:

To be fair Snowy, isn't that how investigations work?  

Anyway, 79 deaths out of 20million doses obviously isn't great for the 79 but in the grand scheme of things...

Out of the many reports floating one did stick in my mind.

In general terms......If one drove 250 KM and took the risk that he may have a fatal accident.......calculations show its the same risk as tipping over with an astra blood clot....

.Presumably odds would change if one drove that distance here........

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/9/2021 at 10:17 PM, Snowy79 said:

It has already been proven that it's not the best option for women of a certain age and youngsters, that's the reason a few countries are restricting it's use. In reality it's not a few from many millions which would make it worth the risk but for females under 65 the risk out weighs the benefit as they are the ones getting the clots and as such they are advised to opt for a different vaccine. 

This fact checked expert has another issue with the vaccine which could open up a whole new can of worms. Geert Vanden Bossche, DMV, PhD, an independent virologist and vaccine expert from Belgium, formerly employed at the Vaccine Alliance GAVI and at The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation released this public paper which if he is correct could turn into a nightmare scenario. He has produced a few papers on vaccines over the years.

https://covexit.com/expert-sounds-the-alarm-about-risks-of-mass-vaccination/?fbclid=IwAR0sFChzyeg9JBIji7ILGrHGowVGFxBGATmJTRjjfqg1aVDj_qKTn_aI2gM

From the dooms day Prophet...........He has many critic with equal if not better credentials 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, RBM said:

From the dooms day Prophet...........He has many critic with equal if not better credentials 

That's the main issue.  There's so many highly qualified experts each counter arguing the other and the laymen are caught in the middle.

I like to think I'm in the semi safe group with no underlying conditions and fitter than most, so like those that weight up the risk of the virus to the risk of side effects I'm weighing up the risk of catching covid then dying from it against taking what is basically an experimental vaccine.  I'm not against a vaccine and will take one when I think the time is right but for now I'll obey the social distancing, wear a mask and shield, keep away from bars etc and continue to be a happy recluse. 

As I've highlighted before I have friends in the pharmaceutical industry currently employed in the manufacturing and trials of medicines including vaccines, most are about 10yrs younger than myself and they have openly said they would also recommend holding off as long as possible if you are not in one of the high risk groups which is the obese and older individuals with underlying conditions. Or if you have no choice but to mingle with the public like in the care industry or service industries. 

Figures are showing the vast majority of deaths are in the over 70s age group and those with underlying conditions, as the age brackets get lower the risk of dying of covid is less than that of dying in car accidents and hundreds of other things. I just don't get why so called intelligent experts aren't advising letting those at such a low risk from covid go about their lives, continue to work and keep the economy going whilst building up herd immunity amongs themselves, at the same time throw money at caring for the others, whether it be via vaccines to build up their immunity, financial aid, mental welfare care etc.

As it is they lock everyone up, slow down herd immunity and kill the economy, postpone cancer treatments etc.  It's like Chinese water torture, dragging the suffering out. 

• Like 1

Explorer
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

Rule number one in media marketing - Bad news sells.

Rule number two in media marketing - see rule number one.

It goes both ways.

We had an entire year of media creating panic and mass hysteria, wrecking economies, livelihoods, causing famine, for a disease with 98% or higher survival rate for healthy people.

But now suddenly, "Bad news sells"...

“Men . . . go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.” - Scottish journalist Charles Mackay in 1841.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Figures are showing the vast majority of deaths are in the over 70s age group and those with underlying conditions, as the age brackets get lower the risk of dying of covid is less than that of dying in car accidents and hundreds of other things.

There is increasing evidence that the new varients are more dangerous to younger and fitter people than the original variant.  ICUs in countries where the new variants has become the norm are not filled with over 70s but rather with otherwise healthy 40,50 and 60 year olds.

And preliminary statistics are suggesting that the new variants are between 2 and 3 times more likely to cause younger people (not young just younger) to end up with serious disease.

That should also factor into peoples choices about whether to get a vaccine shot or not.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

There is increasing evidence that the new varients are more dangerous to younger and fitter people than the original variant.  ICUs in countries where the new variants has become the norm are not filled with over 70s but rather with otherwise healthy 40,50 and 60 year olds.

And preliminary statistics are suggesting that the new variants are between 2 and 3 times more likely to cause younger people (not young just younger) to end up with serious disease.

That should also factor into peoples choices about whether to get a vaccine shot or not.

All the data I've been reading highlights that the youngsters with severe covid were still in the at risk groups, obese and with underlying conditions.  Yes there's more youngsters catching covid especially the new variants but there's not been an increase in deaths that can be pin pointed purely on the new varients of covid in youngsters. Just more suffering minor symptoms than normal.  This could be down to the vaccine being rolled out to older people or the most at risk older ones have already succomded to covid and older people being more prudent to avoid the risks.  There's even data showing that where the vaccine has been rolled out cases are increasing.  That could be down to those vaccinated taking more risks and if carriers passing the covid on unwitingly.  Only time will tell. 

The scary thing is more and more experts are in agreement that unless the vaccine is rolled out efficiently and at the same time World wide there is a risk that a mutation will come long that is resistant to vaccines.  Already one mutation the B.1.351 variant seems to reduce the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine against mild to moderate illness. They do not yet have clear evidence on whether it also reduces effectiveness against severe disease. I don't think I need to labour how efficiently the vaccine is being rolled out here. 

https://theconversation.com/new-covid-variants-have-changed-the-game-and-vaccines-will-not-be-enough-we-need-global-maximum-suppression-157870

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
roddavis
Posted
Posted

This just came out on the news wire! Watch for the Sinovac efficacy is being looked at:

https://news.yahoo.com/world-most-vaccinated-nation-sees-212354694.html

Seychelles is one of the most vaccinated countries like Israeli's people, but predominately with Sinovac. Most of the population has been vaccinated but now are starting to see an increase in covid cases. Could it be that Sinovac efficacy is not as high as stated, the variant of covid is to blame? Watch this for updates guys! Better to know this before I get shot!:hungover_40_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, roddavis said:

This just came out on the news wire! Watch for the Sinovac efficacy is being looked at:

https://news.yahoo.com/world-most-vaccinated-nation-sees-212354694.html

Seychelles is one of the most vaccinated countries like Israeli's people, but predominately with Sinovac. Most of the population has been vaccinated but now are starting to see an increase in covid cases. Could it be that Sinovac efficacy is not as high as stated, the variant of covid is to blame? Watch this for updates guys! Better to know this before I get shot!:hungover_40_anim_gif:

The research I've been doing from actual experts and scientists working in the field of vaccines has been highlighting that unless vaccines are rolled out fast and efficiently we are giving the vaccine more and more chance to mutate which does appear to back up some of the reports.  If this is the case we can safely say the Philippines is in this for the long haul. 

It's also not looking good for the West where conspiracy theorists listen to so called experts with qualifications but no hands on expertise in vaccines and a growing population of people refusing to take vaccines.

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic