Aircon cleaning

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mrbillone said:

Hi, No seeing the attorney to make sure I'm a little covered when it comes time to fight for my deposit back. I have a 106K deposit. I prepaid a 12 month lease -53K a month at move in. Thanks for the info. 

Genuine question - how will the attorney help you get your deposit back from an unwilling landlord? 

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Genuine question - how will the attorney help you get your deposit back from an unwilling landlord? 

The attorneys fees could quickly surpass the return of the deposit monies that you seek.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Lee said:

The attorneys fees could quickly surpass the return of the deposit monies that you seek.

One has to wonder if there was a legal lease with the OP and that the small print was read in its entirety, many times people don't read it properly and there may be a clause in it to cover return of Deposit; ie any Damage, missed utility accounts cleaning etc, the list could go on:tiphat: I will add was there an early vacate on the property, I think that breaking a lease can cost the Tennant.

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a line
  • Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I think that breaking a lease can cost the Tennant.

Breaking a lease can REALLY cost a tenant.

Recall on another MB someone broke their lease, paid all the penalty fees required, and moved out. The owner was incensed that he left and swore some payback.

A couple of weeks later while sitting in a McD's, two policeman took him into custody, charged him with something that I don't recall, and he was eventually deported.

• Hmm thinking 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Lee said:

Agreed - that's why I said throwing good money after bad.