SRRV Visa

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

After spending a couple of hours researching the SRRV visa, emails to the embassy here in Australia, I have to declare that I am non the wiser, I have a headache and I am going to break my standard rule of no alcohol before 4:30 p.m. 

The score today is Philippines 1 , ME ZERO.

I give up.

The next search is going to be for beer or wine.

Nothing to do with the embassy. The SRRV is run by the PRA so the embassy will not know what your talking about .  Did you read the SRRV website?  https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

After spending a couple of hours researching the SRRV visa, emails to the embassy here in Australia, I have to declare that I am non the wiser, I have a headache and I am going to break my standard rule of no alcohol before 4:30 p.m. 

The score today is Philippines 1 , ME ZERO.

I give up.

The next search is going to be for beer or wine.

Try contacting the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) their representatives generally have been very helpful, walking people through the process. Before COVID, it may have changed now.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Onemore52 PM'd you mate with a link to the immigration lawyers in Cebu I dealt with when I was considering this.  Ignore the US military references, it applies to us as well. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I'm coming over using the Balikbayan route, do I have to apply for the visa before I start my Journey or get the passport stamped when I arrive ? 

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Clermont said:

I'm coming over using the Balikbayan route, do I have to apply for the visa before I start my Journey or get the passport stamped when I arrive ? 

It's my understanding that you just have to show your marriage certificate but someone who's experienced it can probably advise you more accurately. 

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah that's my understanding, but :Caught: try convincing a PI especially your wife.

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, earthdome said:

Try contacting the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) their representatives generally have been very helpful, walking people through the process. Before COVID, it may have changed now.

I was told that the PRA won't process SRRV applications unless the applicant is in the Phillipines which requires getting a 9a visa from the embassy.  I didn't get anywhere with the Melbourne consulate either when I tried a while back.

It is supposedly possible to get a 9a for the purposes of obtaining an SRRV...

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Clermont said:

You have to comply with the health regulations and tests, quarantine but as far as I know you wont need a visa prior as you are comming from a non visa required country.

From yesterday's BI page and why not send them a messenger message and ask to be sure. If you dont use Facebook I can ask for you. 

bi yesterday 3.jpg bi yesterday 2.jpg bi yesterday.jpg

• Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I would appreciate it if you could ask as I don't use Facebook. We wont be traveling until about the end of February, tidying up loose ends. Thanks.