13 A Permanent Approved; now some questions for the veterans :)

graham59
Posted
Posted

Having had a look at that (2013) thread, I'd say that the procedures/requirements are pretty much the same (even the fees !). I saw no mention of NBI clearance though, which is needed if you've been in-country more than 6 months already. Easy enough. 

Fortunately I was also able to process things (without an agent) in a couple of trips to Immigration, rather than the 7 or 8 quoted in that old report. At the moment no actual face to face interview of yourself and the Mrs is required, I think due to Covid restrictions... which is actually a help, as it used to involve a separate, extra appointment at BI

The application forms, with accompanying notes are of course still available for download online on the BI website, updated where small changes have been made.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shol said:

Hi there I took a peek and one thing I will mention right away is that there are some things that are quite "location specific" outside of the general forms and process.   Here are are some of my observations and findings but would be for Intramuros only since that's the only site that I interfaced with. 

For Intramuros:

- No more interview for now (This might change post pandemic) , but instead you have to do an affidavit of guarantee with authenticity form and questionnaire.    This was also part of the notary scam provided to us at 900 PHP. (See below for more details.)

-  They actually demanded the FULL passport cover to cover printed, in Intramuros at least, This can be done inside Intramuros Immigration.   

- I was never really questioned or asked to prove financial capacity.

- Second visit they requested Affidavit of Cohabitation.   In Intramuros they didn't accept my online created formats.   They REALLY want to have you go to this notary republic around the corner and pay them 900 PHP for the "whole kitten cabudle" and it is indeed a scam that I figure most of them are in on.  I just did it, and I suppose others can avoid it but I felt like it wasn't worth the hassle of arguing simply to use my own documents. 

NBI - Make sure it's updated OR all your documents are set to the address on whichever one you provide

I can PM or provide the affidavits (Guarantee/cohab) that I used/tried to use as required though as indicated might not work at least in Intramuros since they really want to scam you ::)  

And everything as you know can change or be changed depending on the day, the time, the week, the weather, the "vibe"; it's more fun in the Philippines :)

It is certainly the way here that they do look for ways of making sure cash keeps circulating in the economy! 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Shol said:

- I was never really questioned or asked to prove financial capacity.

Likewise. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

I understand there is no more interview but there is a questionnaire.  Do you have a copy or do you know the questions?  Does the actual questionnaire have to be notarized?

Affidavit of cohabitation? What the heck does that look like?

Thanks

• Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, HappyJack said:

I understand there is no more interview but there is a questionnaire.  Do you have a copy or do you know the questions?  Does the actual questionnaire have to be notarized?

Affidavit of cohabitation? What the heck does that look like?

Thanks

I know we spoke in PMs but will help here so others can share the "baked beans" :)

I don't have copies I didn't even think to make copies of it since it was all done "in an alley beside the main office" in Intramuros.  Quite honestly as it was going on was more concerned with getting rolled and left in a ditch though in the end, just got taken for about 900 PHP :)

For the 900 PHP, they notarize all documents required, and provide you with the questionnaires, one for you and your spouse with standard "relationship" ship verification or sustaining questions.   I have no clue on if it's ever even looked at.  I shared with you some examples. (How did you meet, what's your plans, etc, lol.)

I just did this knowing full well I was scammed because we already got the run around with some of my own documents including the one I created from an online source, the affidvait of cohabitation.   And I apologize I didn't make a copy as it was all provided there and I just wanted to get it over with.  It's essentially the same as mine, but in a different "format" that had "bigger fonts" or something.  (This was the reason the guy there at immigration wouldn't accept my own format, though as indicated, I suspect this is just an excuse for me to join the parade of clueless foreigners (THOUGH I WASN'T CLUELESS LOL.) heading out to compensate their salaries.

Will also not here that the "interaction' my wife had with the immigration guy turned a bit heated where he said "don't argue with me just listen to my instruction" when she asked for a rational reason for why we couldn't use our own notarized documents that had been apparently used before. (Based on online research.)   So just ended up saying "Yeah OK whatever and agreeing to the "walk of shame" into their little alley for the scam fun :)

I don't believe they notarized the questionnaire, but honestly, if you end up there, don't worry about it, just fill it out and hopefully never have to worry about it again :)

Anyway here is the general format and as usual this might be perfectly fine at other offices.  Who knows haha!

SAMPLE COHAB FOR FORUM.rtf

Edited by Shol
  • Like 2

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all your help.  I will have a hard time not calling them out on their bullshit and my wife will have an even harder time.  She puts up with NONE of that crap.  We are now thinking it may be time to move back to the real world anyway.  She has U.S. citizenship and is fed up with the stupidity here.

Oh yeah,  my friend just dropped off his 13A papers last week and both he and his wife got in to it with the civil servants there too.  Complete aholes they said.  They had to hot the alley and were also required to get 2x2 pictures of him.  That's NOT on the list of required items.

Shol
Posted
Posted

I actually can't remember but I do believe when I applied for my original probationary they did ask for the photos (and it's included in a lot of blogger posts as well.) since they need something to put on your ACR card. 

I just can't remember if they used those or put the passport photo but I think they did.

There are a lot of missing items not included on the list on the website or variances though some of them are minor. (Photocopy nonsense.)

I definitely agree it can be frustrating being put into scenarios where you know you are being ripped off, for me more so because even if I can afford, I like to choose where my money goes.  Just isn't worth the effort in some cases.

You see how everything they are doing is paper based?  I can imagine the horror stories of where someone makes a mistake and "loses" or slots your stuff in the wrong folder and boom, instant issue since you never get approved and then your current visa expires they could technically boot you out of the country.    You also have to play nice a bit or you might get "sister foxed" lol.....

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Shol said:

You also have to play nice a bit or you might get "sister foxed" lol.....

Yep, it's just not worth getting into it with government officials here - even when you're right you're wrong!  

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well, after a quick visit to our friendly local Immigration office today, I now have a ‘Permanent Resident’ stamp in my shiny new British passport… and just a sweet smile and a reminder from the young lady behind the counter, to remember to pop in next year, with my 310 Annual Report pesos. 

New ACR-1 card on its way, valid for 5 years. :thumbsup:

• Like 5