13 A Permanent Approved; now some questions for the veterans :)

Shol
Posted
Posted

Thanks @OnMyWayI have called and checked previously a few times and been told that as long as you check in there is no "expiry" though I am anxious for that moment since "who knows" when you land or try to do your annual report.  I won't be going in and out THAT much but probably at least once a year or so as of the current plan.

Really appreciate all these details.  

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Shol said:

Thanks @OnMyWayI have called and checked previously a few times and been told that as long as you check in there is no "expiry" though I am anxious for that moment since "who knows" when you land or try to do your annual report.  I won't be going in and out THAT much but probably at least once a year or so as of the current plan.

Really appreciate all these details.  

The 13a does not expire but your ACR card does after 5 years.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Travel tax is one of the bad things about 13a and other immigrant visas.  You pay 1620 per adult and 810 for a kid.  Every trip.  You can have it included in your ticket sometimes.  You can get it online but only at the adult rate.  I have kids so I have to get it at the airport to get the 810 discount.

But to be fair....it's been that same rate (1620) for 20+ years.  :wink:

• Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The 13a does not expire but your ACR card does after 5 years.

It will if you get divorced!

Joking apart, it's true that it won't be removed as long as you check in from time-to-time but...

I had a long chat with the BI here in Iloilo as I was thinking of going back to Hong Kong (no longer) and they said it's fine in principle but kept reminding me it's a permanent resident visa which assumes you're living here. Now, there are no defined rules on that unlike Hong Kong where you must enter 1 every 3 years to keep your residency.

I'd be wary of staying out 10 years and then relying on the 13A still being valid. The ACR would have expired anyway but with fines that can be overcome.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

unlike Hong Kong where you must enter 1 every 3 years to keep your residency.

Actually, something similar is why I mentioned it.  I spend a lot of time on a U.S. immigration forum and there are a lot of topics similar to this.  U.S. permanent resident green card holders have some residency requirements and I thought maybe Philippines does too.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Actually, something similar is why I mentioned it.  I spend a lot of time on a U.S. immigration forum and there are a lot of topics similar to this.  U.S. permanent resident green card holders have some residency requirements and I thought maybe Philippines does too.

It seems not based on numerous discussions on here and with different BI offices.  Given they already have the Annual Report system in place it would be easy to set up if they wanted to.  I wish they would actually to remove such uncertainty.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Just checked the BI website, and my 13A (Permanent) has been APPROVED !  

Woohoo!  Congratulations :cheersty:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 3/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, graham59 said:

Just checked the BI website, and my 13A (Permanent) has been APPROVED !  

603785.gif

Can you and Shol take a quick look at a topic from 2013 and see if anything has changed in the 13a department.Only need to read the first post here,