20230808_114241.jpg

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Sliding doors going in

What is the overall span?  We have an opening that is right at 3 meters and I would like to replace the heavy sliding mahogany doors with glass.  Also the cost if I am not being too nosy?

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

What is the overall span?  We have an opening that is right at 3 meters and I would like to replace the heavy sliding mahogany doors with glass.  Also the cost if I am not being too nosy?

Width - 2.7M x Height - 3M, with 6mm tempered safety glass, 42,950.00 per side.

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Mike J said:

I would like to replace the heavy sliding mahogany doors

What don't you like with the mahogany?  Need more light?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

What don't you like with the mahogany?  Need more light?

Light is not the problem as we leave the doors open during the day and the upper half is multilane glass when closed.  The challenge is the weight of the doors.  My wife struggles a bit to open, close, and latch the doors. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Light is not the problem as we leave the doors open during the day and the upper half is multilane glass when closed.  The challenge is the weight of the doors.  My wife struggles a bit to open, close, and latch the doors. 

We have some heavy wood and beveled glass sliding doors, and we don't open them much due to the difficulty, and the fact that the tracks they hang on are easily damaged.  Newer sliding hardware might make them more manageable, if the is an option for you.  Some of the newer wood sliding doors are beautiful and slide easily, even though heavy.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Like OMW said, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to install new sliding hardware?

We installed a heavy metal gate on our house, and it slides with very little effort.

• Hmm thinking 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

The dirty kitchen and the outside bathrooms are starting, wife wants to have a party on the 30th of September. its going to be close.

20230815_155728.jpg

20230815_134232.jpg

20230815_134715.jpg

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, gbmmbg said:

The dirty kitchen and the outside bathrooms are starting, wife wants to have a party on the 30th of September. its going to be close.

20230815_155728.jpg

20230815_134232.jpg

20230815_134715.jpg

Looking good - stunning location.

As for the 30th date - nothing like a deadline to focus the mind!