Building our house

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Crikey, the last 5 washing machines I have had only have one cold line plumbed into the machine, including my Samsung washing machine I have now.

• Like 3

Lee
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Crikey, the last 5 washing machines I have had only have one cold line plumbed into the machine, including my Samsung washing machine I have now.

I haven't had more than 3 or 4 washing machines in the last 40 odd years and they all had H and C connections. Best that I recall, one of them was tossed for a bad transmission and the others were given away when we moved.

Perhaps this suggestive of something.

• Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, hk blues said:

I'm not seeing the advantage of that set-up over the more 'conventional' one. 

ETA - What exactly is a " US style washing machine?"

With a few rare exceptions every residence and business in the USA has a hot water heater,  either LP gas or electric, that supplies hot water to the entire house or business. All spigots in the bathrooms and kitchens are plumbed for both hot and cold. Residences typically have about 50 gallon capacity hot water heater (condos and apartments might be smaller - 20-30gallon). Therefore almost every washing machine sold in the USA has both a hot and cold water inlet and the supply lines are plumbed accordingly; each with own spigot. The machines typically have three basic settings: hot, warm and cold. The machine will simply mix hot and cold water for the warm setting. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lee
Posted
Posted

I'm told that there is a mod lurking about on this MB who is going to disagree with almost thing that you posted. LOL

If someone wanted to avoid the the high failure rate of WMs that heat up incoming water but still have an option of making a hot water connection later, then the WM that I purchased several years ago might be for you. Being built like a tank, no LED displays to fail, and a SS tub might also fit your needs. 

If not, then please just buy what suits you.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Might have to add washing machines to the politics and religion no posting topics. :hystery::hystery::hystery:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Might have to add washing machines to the politics and religion no posting topics. :hystery::hystery::hystery:

The great washing machine controversy of 2023.. I was there. 

• Haha 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

The great washing machine controversy of 2023

Dang.  I missed it.  My washing machine controversy was in 2013.  I sent out a washing machine for repair and they lost it during the Great Typhoon so I never got my money or the machine back.  Not even the money I paid to ship to the repair depot and get 'er done.  

• Haha 2
  • I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

The great washing machine controversy of 2023.. I was there. 

Tom; Can we add a new Emoji? 

102511305-funny-washing-machine-cartoon-character.jpeg

Edited by Old55
  • Haha 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Actually a mod should move this washing machine stuff into a new topic.