Shipping Harley, tools and bed to bohol

Scooter
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, CebuAndy said:

Wait until you are legally married, then you get privileges.

Seems like marriage needs to be the first thing I do if I want property or a Harley lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Scooter said:

I don't know any owners to ask. 

They are around.  They often tend to keep to themselves and socialize with select people.  Here is a fellow I know who has 2 Harleys in the Philippines.  He may sell one, if he still has them both, but they go for over a million pesos.  They are LOUD.  

temp.jpg

• Love it 1

Scooter
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They are around.  They often tend to keep to themselves and socialize with select people.  Here is a fellow I know who has 2 Harleys in the Philippines.  He may sell one, if he still has them both, but they go for over a million pesos.  They are LOUD.  

temp.jpg

Those are nice bikes . I'd love to talk to him if possible. Bikers do normally keep to them selves and only talk to a select group of people. I myself have owned many Harleys and live the same way . I've got a 2019 low rider currently. From what I'm finding online it costs about 1.3-1.5 million for a 2022 low rider in Philippines. And at that price my best bet is to sell mine but a new one here for 17k and have Harley ship it there for 2 k still be cheaper than the crazy 1.3 million there. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I'm starting to second guess this whole shipping container idea. My Harley seems like it might just be easier to buy one there than the headache of all things you need to do to get it there. The tools and bed shouldn't be a problem though right ? 

They sell beds here, I'm not sure it's viable to send such a bulky item unless you're already sending a container/half-container anyway.

Scooter
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

They sell beds here, I'm not sure it's viable to send such a bulky item unless you're already sending a container/half-container anyway.

Hard to get rid of a 3500 bed though   can't really get much for a used bed selling it. So basically be out the 3500 and still need a nice bed. But your right it's worth looking into. If I can't ship my Harley then the bed isnt that important and the tools can go in boxes 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, Scooter said:

Hard to get rid of a 3500 bed though   can't really get much for a used bed selling it. So basically be out the 3500 and still need a nice bed. But your right it's worth looking into. If I can't ship my Harley then the bed isnt that important and the tools can go in boxes 

I hear you.

We had the same dilemma when we moved from Hong Kong to here, and ultimately decided to go for broke and ship enough stuff to justify a half-container - not sure of the cost in your case but the shipping cost for the bed alone may push it into the not economically viable range.  

Also, keep in mind that once you start bringing in bulkier items you are starting to put limitations on the type of property you can get.  I've watched a good few TV shows where people are relocating and uppermost in their mind was making sure the property was big enough for grandmas dinner table and chairs!  

Good Luck with your move.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I'm starting to second guess this whole shipping container idea. My Harley seems like it might just be easier to buy one there than the headache of all things you need to do to get it there. The tools and bed shouldn't be a problem though right ? 

You might also want to consider the super hassles owners have in getting parts. Just because theres a dealer or two doesnt mean they carry a full inventory of all parts required. You will become familiar with " out of stock ".  Id research the hassles owners have and maybe bring over a few of the more expected replacement parts. I can see a learning curve is about to appear.........

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Seems like marriage needs to be the first thing I do if I want property or a Harley lol

And do remember that even if you are married , its maybe your property, but the land on which the property sits, aint yours.

• Like 1

Scooter
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Freebie said:

You might also want to consider the super hassles owners have in getting parts. Just because theres a dealer or two doesnt mean they carry a full inventory of all parts required. You will become familiar with " out of stock ".  Id research the hassles owners have and maybe bring over a few of the more expected replacement parts. I can see a learning curve is about to appear.........

It's already begun lol just a short visit and the words not available at alot of restaurant items has brought light to out of stock already lol

Scooter
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Freebie said:

And do remember that even if you are married , its maybe your property, but the land on which the property sits, aint yours.

Yeah that's technically true in America as well. But not an issue. Is it more of a concern in the Philippines?